Signing petition.

Hey guys, I just wanted to share this here.
Recently, this video started getting some publicity, its pretty graphic and has a bunch of bad language so be warned.

Basically, it shows seven teenagers jumping and brutally beating an asian man who did nothing wrong. The seven have not received any sort of punishment and one of the kids even posted the video on his facebook saying how proud he was of his accomplishment.

I just want to ask that you take the time to sign this petition that will help bring justice to this situation and attention to police etc. What they did is horrible and this needs to be addressed.

Again, the video linked is very disturbing and graphic so be warned ahead of time.

Anyways.

thanks for your time.

J

That was really sad for me to watch.Those teens deserve to be punished hard.
Thanks for sharing the petition ,Jayyo.

Signed. Pieces of crap.

I swear I would beat the crap out of all of them.

What do that get from doing that?

I’m not signing that: I took part in 4chan’s raid against tue attackers.
I hope they like pizza.

I notice a few people here and elsewhere mention meeting these people with violence. Last I checked, fighting fire with fire wasn’t the right course of action, and only has you stooping to their level.

That’s why I just did the 4chan raid. It may seem weird, but I think joining with a bunch of vigilantes over the Internet gives you a feeling of teamwork. We just ordered all of the assualter’s pizza (a lot of it) and called their parents and their school.

Okay so maybe a few people assaulted their Facebook pages, but hey…

Apparently the one kid died and the other kids got Jail time. Does not say how much and one will stay locked up until 21 years old.

How did the one kid die? Suicide?

The article goes from no charges filed to lengthy prison sentences. I am a little confused now.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/17/beating-chicago-teen-filmed-posted-online/
[i]
On the 2009 video captured by a cellphone camera, Derrion Albert is seen being punched and hit over his head with large boards and kicked in the head. The fight broke out after classes let out of a high school on Chicago’ South Side.

Four teens were sentenced to lengthy prison sentences last year in the case that sparked outrage around the country. A fifth suspect tried as a juvenile was ordered to remain imprisoned until he turns 21.

Albert’s death prompted President Barack Obama to send U.S. Attorney Eric Holder and Education Secretary Arne Duncan to the city to discuss ways to end the violence.[/i]

Rules 1 and 2. Wait. This isn’t a raid.

Whatever.

The names of everybody in the video were posted on /b/, which I think is pretty cool. Most of the kids who were beating the Chinese kid were actually Chinese. Right now, /b/'s focusing on some dude who set a puppy on fire. Check it out.

I couldn’t even watch the first 3 seconds of it, it disgusts me that this is what has come of the human race. People like that really need to have something 10x worse come back and sucker punch them in the face, or a nice kick elsewhere. I’ve been petition-active tonight with the whole SOPA thing, I’ll go ahead and sign this thing as well and get those pesky teenage (insert your own word here) taken care of, no offense to teenage users on YYE.

It’s stuff like this that makes me wonder if they were even raised properly. I was never raised to do this kind of shenanigans and I was pretty level-headed during my teen years. Sure, I slacked off in school, got lazy but I did not go around causing trouble, pick fights, etc. as that’s not my nature. Of course, I was probably one of the rare few that had common sense in high school. Enough babbling, now to take care of those turds.

TO be honest, I participated in tue raid by clicking a link posted on another site. I don’t browse /b/ that much.

Animal cruelty… ;(

Signed
One was arrested today.

http://news.yahoo.com/chicago-police-arrest-7-filmed-beating-teen-133528585.html

All seven including a girl who was most likely the one recording it have been arrested.

I saw the vid a couple of days ago and those attackers are pathetic wastes of space. I don’t think the girl was the camera person though. A laugh comes from the backround at one point which sounds like it’s coming from the camera-person and it was a dudes voice.

I wish the asian man would defend himself. There was a point when he stood up and was trying to reason with the kids but then he started getting beaten again. He shoulda whooped their… you know

i just heard about this video today, and it reminded me of another video I saw, posted by a kid at my school, that was him and another kid kicking and shoving a helpless old homeless man. I’m utterly appalled at that sort of behavior, and it really makes me feel bad for not just the people getting hurt, but also the kids, because if they find that funny, there is definitely something wrong with them

Edit: It also reminded me of this photo that won the 1977 Pulitzer Prize for photography. I’m posting a link rather than embedding because it is such a strong photo illustrating this kind of brutality

How in the heck do you suppose he, let alone anyone could defend themselves against 7 people. Him fighting back would have escalated the whole situation and made it worse. There is no chance of him whooping their butts. This is real life not some action movie.

can someone explain to me what /b/ is? I see it sometimes posted here but have no clue what it means

Just isnt right they should be assigned to get the holy buck kicked out of them for 30 min each

Agreed, he probably couldn’t win unless he was trained in self defense.
However, when bullies are challenged, often times they turn out to be cowards. A punch to one kid could surprise them enough for him to get away etc.
The idea is you don’t stand there taking a beating