Side Winder w/ unresponsive yoyo?

Is there a way to do a sidewinder move with an unresponsive yoyo? I’ve seen Andre in his videos on this site do a move where he does a sidewinder motion and keeps his hand holding the yoyo in the air as it still spins. I don’t wanna actually have to take my yoyo string off my finger everytime to actually loosen it. Hope someone can help?

To do the actual Sidewinder do a bind then do the sidewinder motion when it is coming back.

But this a good way that involves lots of practice:
http://www.rethinkyoyo.com/2/post/2009/08/string-tension.html

1 Like

dude thank you! that really helped!

Also if you bind backwards (like from a trapeze on a breakaway or a brain twister on a front throw. The yoyo wont sleep on the next throw it will just come back to your hand instantly and you can do a side winder that way.

I think this is the best way to loosen string tension:

man, there are a lot of ways to do a sidewinder with an unresponsive. Ive seen it where andre pops the yoyo up regularly and does a sidewinder, but you can do sidewinders out of mach 5’s, split bottom mounts and all that. You may have seen augie fash do one in the yoyofactory grindmachine promo video. Thats one way you can do it. Hope these tips helped :slight_smile:

[quote=“exazrael,post:4,topic:23291”]