Side Style Seasick?

Hey all,
I’ve seen in videos players who do seasick sidestyle. Like they get into a boing-e-boing mount and do the trick except I noticed that their throwhand index is usually palm up rather than palm down. I was wondering if anyone knows what I am talking about and could post a video or tutorial of it.
Thanks!

I think I know what you are talking about.

There are many ways to get into a mount for seasick, and some have some small variations. When doing sidestyle, if you don’t do a direct split bottom mount, you could end up in the orientation you have described. If you want to learn how to do it, try out different ways to get into a comparable mount and then go through the seasick motion.

This is general, but the variation you described is also minor thankfully. I imagine the most direct way to get this orientation is something of a 1.5 mount into the seasick. Practice that in a normal orientation then flip the yo-yo on its side.

Alright, messed around a bit.

It’s like a 1.5 mount, hold your Thand forward and land into something like the 1.5 mount from white buddha (bounce on top to bottom) and then you can do seasick.

The actual motion is way harder on its side. If you want a video, I will need to sit down for a bit and get the motion practiced, but if you care about mirroring that mount, that’s how to do it.

I tried this last week and found that I did it better side style. I’ll practice this and see if I can record it.

We talking side style as in in front of you from breakaway or with the yo-yo on its side?

The latter is what I assumed.