Side Mount Mach 5

Fully acknowledging the jerkness of this, but unable to resist: when your shoulders do that 90 degree turn, that’s what makes this not really a sidestyle trick or actually different (except the one twist) from Mach 5.

But it’s a perfectly fine variation on Mach 5. :wink:

Well…, I do know one thing guy. I’ll be using this variation of Mach 5 much more than I will the front mount one.

Anyway, that is the foundation work for a Side-Mounted/Breakaway Mach 5. If you can do better, please post it so that it can become usable in a routine.

Grotsy.

I suspect if there was something better, it would’ve been done/discovered already. :wink: If a person wanted a Mach 5 in the middle of a sidestyle combo, doing it with the twist is probably the best way to get the job done, for sure.

Would still be curious to see how kadabrium’s true sidestyle one would look with the yoyo “stationary”. SOME of the isolation effect would go missing because of the complex and morphing arm movements that would go with it, but I can’t help thinking it would still look pretty neat.

Me? I got nothin’ better.

You could gorilla-arms into the mount instead of the twist, but I don’t think that transitions in and out would be as seamless.

im currently trying to do a gyroflop alongside it

Do you have a version of it, is that you in your .GIF imagery? Or do you mean this version of it? If so, this can be easily done Gyroscopic Flop into Mach 7 into Gyroscopic Flop out Ferris Wheel style Dis-Mounts and so on and so forth.

However Greg is right, in some aspects, I would like to be able to avoid having to move the shoulders to be able to get into it. I guess that is the cost of it though, like how you have to twist to even be able to get into a Hydrogen-Mount for HB. I am happy with what I have overall and frankly the forums helped me get that far with it… I had been trying to figure out how to do one of these for quite sometime.

I liked the Traditional Mach 5 as place filler because it goes very well with Front-Mount Trick Lines, so this is a step forward for bringing a Mach 5 to Breakaway/Side-Mount style Trick Lines.