Show some plastic yoyos you made

I did a durability test on the Survivalist just now. I ran over it twice with my car. Here are the before and after shots:

Before

After:

As you can see it scratched up the half that was facing the concrete as the car rolled over it. It also pushed the axle right in almost completely together.

I widened up the gap again by jamming playing cards in gap to what it was before:

It actually plays perfectly well with no sign of the axle being bent or the halves braking whatsoever. In fact, this one was a b grade and it now plays even smoother now having run over it. Lol!

This treatment would totally obliterate any wooden yoyo. This one is just fine. The Survivalist is a very tough yoyo indeed.

19 Likes

I’ll have to pick one up when they make it to yoyoexpert!

4 Likes

What is the axle made from? They look amazing. Hopefully I can get a hold of one.:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

The axle is solid 6063 AL. 1/4".

4 Likes

I hope I’m fast enough to grab one! Been looking for this plastic for a while.

4 Likes

This is one yoyo that you will have for life! Great pocket size too.

6 Likes

How do the dimensions compare to the original survivalists you had made (I have a cookies n cream)

2 Likes

Mate, there are many different versions of the Survivalist, each with different specs, shapes and materials. Its by far my most experimented with model. Some even had threaded plastic axles and could screw apart. Poor @Myk_Myk has first hand experience with many of these failures, so he has some extremely unique Spinworthy yoyos. I get the feeling he might say it was worth it though.

All, but the last two versions were failures. This latest one is spot on.

Here are the current approx specs:

Diameter: 51.8mm
Width: 30.3m
Weight: 51.5g

The play is excellent.

6 Likes

Mine is currently my only pull-apart yoyo! :smile:

D: 55mm
W: 31mm
64g

I love it. Hope I can snag one of these as well tho. Glad you weren’t able to stay away from Jojo production for too long.

3 Likes

I want them released on yo-yo expert!!! I would definitely buy one.

3 Likes

They probably will be!

4 Likes

Yeah, the screw apart one was amazing until the Delrin axle melted! I did eventually end up with two super nice ones. These look so awesome!

3 Likes

:laughing: so embarrassing! But a great learning point.

2 Likes

Packing and sending off a run of Survivalists to YYE today!

32 Likes

All aboard the hype train!!!

3 Likes

This photo isn’t against the forum rules? Got me all sweaty. :hot_face:

5 Likes

It is very sexy

2 Likes

Any chance you have a price point, or is that up to the guys at yo-yo expert.

2 Likes

Its up to YYE, but I believe they will be around $60.

6 Likes

I want one of those survivalists so bad. Love the look of that recycled plastic @Glenacius_K

3 Likes