Show off your parts box!

Counterweights, strings, breakpads, caps, let me see what y’all have. I’ve got stickers, collectable pins, strings from companies that have either recently gone or have long gone to great sorrow.

I just wanna see if anyone has as messy of a box as I do. I’ve got enough string to last a lifetime for as how much I play.

Also I like collecting old stickers from back in the yyn days.

Hopefully this isn’t a double post and there was already one created a long time ago.

18 Likes

There was a similar thread in the spring of 2019 with just a few replies. I keep strings in a separate box. In this one I keep odds and ends yoyo stuff, bearings, doodads, pads, parts, anything yoyo related, including stickers.

18 Likes

You know I didn’t think about getting a tackle box but you just gave me a next purchase idea. I’ve always just kept my stuff in that cardboard box for the past 6+ years now.

2 Likes

I was a toss it all in a box person and still am to an extent but now I have my wife’s old scrapbooking craft thing she stopped using.

I can find a specific bearing without digging now.

15 Likes

hot dang that’s a gorgeous collection of stuffs. I absolutely need to get myself an orginizing box.

1 Like

I really want to organize the string at some point. I’m thinking I can use pill bottles and some labels easier than a bunch of obnoxious plastic bags but no idea if that would make it worse in the end.

I also was eyeing a tackle box cause it would be great to sort the pass s bit vs all of them crammed in one spot. But wife’s old craft box was free can’t beat free

5 Likes

I’ve got you covered on pill bottles. this is a quarter of the amount of pill bottles I have because the rest are being recycled for seperating my fruit and vegetable seeds for my gardening hobby.

6 Likes

Just happened to be organizing and se this thread… here is about half the collection with a bunch of strings and stuff😊.

And here is the rest of the stuff…

15 Likes

that’s a collection!

2 Likes

What strings are some of your favorites that you use often?

3 Likes

Big Bang Bandalores string theory is my favorite, along with markmont night moves and draken, they’re very crunchy nylon strings that last years. they take a while to break in but whip like nobodies business.

1 Like

I’ve been using A&A strings and String Werx for my main rotation recently.

Also the usual zipline string I like the Cherry business and prestige white

I’ve also got a bunch or string labs ammo has been most of what I’ve used there

Lastly some monkey finger, cage free and knot bad. Ohh and twisted strings is good too.

In the end bulk Sochi is probably good enough.

My give away string is all the magic string and other cheap string that came 10 with a yo-yo

3 Likes

Here is my current Parts Box(s)

6 Likes

Man everyone has fancy cases and here I am with a 15 year old carboard box…

3 Likes

Harbor freight have good options for reasonable prices. Thats where I got mine.

1 Like

time to window shop!~

less is more :saluting_face:

10 Likes

Perhaps it’s time I get a little organized here instead of using the side pouch of my yoyo case. Just picked this up so nothing much to see yet.

Just stashed my Gerber Dime in there as well as a “pill container” for dropping bearings in to clean them as that’s what I had with me at the moment :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Simplicity at it’s finest.

2 Likes

ohhh, that’s a really nice looking case being able to have that pill container for bearings will definitely make searching for stuff a whole lot easier, I’ve just stuck my bearings in a bag and called it a day but always have trouble trying to get them out because I stilck the shields and c clips in there too… probably shouldn’t do that lol.

2 Likes