Show Off your MC’s! My Current MARKMONT Collection

Project , Classic, Next

18 Likes

Black Smoke MMC is a favorite of mine.

14 Likes

24 Likes

I’m not super familiar with Markmont - so debating picking something up (but they’re very pricy). Does anyone with both the MCMO and Project 2 have quick comparison thoughts?

2 Likes

Both very good. My personal preference leans toward the MCMO/MMC

3 Likes

I have the MMC, MCMO, and P2. If you don’t already have the MMC or MCMO, I’d pick one of those up first. The P2 is cool, but the MMC/MCMO is a classic and “must have” in every yoyo collection IMO. Despite being released long after the MMC and MCMO, the P2 feels and plays like a yoyo released long before those two. And I do mean this as a compliment! Very nostalgic vibes on this thing. It’s more “dense” and solid feeling, whereas the other two feel like a refined, modern version of it. Feels like a lighter, slightly larger Rebirth if you’ve ever tried one of those. All very good as @Alex said, but I’m in agreement with them - MMC/MCMO all the way.

Here’s an analogy I just thought of, Idk how good it is lmao. But having/trying a P2 over having/trying a MMC/MCMO is kinda like buying/trying Vanilla Coke before trying/buying classic Coke, ya know? Not knocking Vanilla Coke at all, tons of people love it! You just gotta try the real thing first lmao

Here’s a comparison shot I took to answer a similar question in another thread awhile back:

MMC, MCMO, P2, Rebirth

13 Likes

Thank you so much! Very helpful!

2 Likes

Thanks to the wonderful BST community - I’m in the cool club now.
May I just say, I’ve had nothing but good experiences with all the sellers and traders here :slight_smile:

14 Likes

question: does MCMO come with a flat bearing?

Yes, when initially sold.

Just curious - is there a reason specifically for the stock flat bearing?

1 Like

Great post from the man himself:

But of course if you prefer a non-flat bearing, you can always swap it out. OD said somewhere a few years ago that if they put string centering bearings in their throws, a bunch of people would swap them out. And if they put flats in, a bunch of people would swap them out (and do). It comes down to people’s preference, no matter what gets put in there, people who have bearing preferences are gonna do what they’re gonna do.

7 Likes

Awesome - exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

1 Like

and great commentary on organics in general - the shape I personally prefer.

Hope it’s cool for me to keep asking questions - but figured there are some experts in this thread : )

Does anyone know when this project 2 color-way was produced…or IF it was produced?

9 Likes

Row 1- MMC, clear blasted finish w/ OG Brass SE’s

Row 2- MP2 clear & MCMO 1st run, grey

Row 3- Black Canon grey/clear fade,
MCMO 2nd run x2, yellow & green.

Row 4- MCMO 1st run fades x 3
Grey/Clear, Pink/Clear and Maroon/Purple.

15 Likes

These were the four that were released, and it’s the only release so far. The Project 2 just dropped this year, so there’s not that many, opposed to the MMC/MCMO that have a lot of colorways floating around.

8 Likes

Collection of 2
I have a MC Hulks Blood with Brass SE
Some imperfections due to soda blasting

And a purple MCMO with orange spikes

Both are so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

13 Likes

so strange - well i picked this up on BST and now not sure if it’s a fake haha. Coming in tomorrow so I’ll see if it’s just some crazy lighting that made it look pink or maybe i can hit up OneDrop to see if they did a test batch of this or something.

5 Likes

I would wager it’s real, this is a colorway from onedrop that is known as metallic pink, and it’s been on the FRS yoyos before:

And on other markmont shop releases:

(not directly linking for policy, even if it’s sold out)

6 Likes