Should I start doing 1a more

Been having fun with 1a recently despite being very bad at it, (my hardest trick is seasick) should I do it more and try to get better?

• Yes, 1a is fun and it’s good to have more than one style you can play
  • No, stick with 5a and practice for nationals
0 voters
1 Like

None. Be a real man, master both and also pick up 3a. Let me know how that goes cause I am considering 3a and s*it my pants in the process. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

playing the alt yoyo styles make you better at 1a

1 Like

What exactly does that mean?

Haha no :sweat_smile:

1 Like

None of the above 2A is where it’s at :wink: 2April is still going on

Edit: guys, respectively, I’m not interested in any styles other than 5a and 1a rn, so please don’t give me suggestions on what to learn, just pick if I should start playing 1a. Thank you!

2 Likes

Ok. Go for 1 a.

1 Like

You really don’t have to focus on just one thing but sure sounds like you know what you want. Don’t need us to validate you bud

2 Likes

6 Likes

I main 1A and do a little 5A. I think I need to do more 5A. What do y’all think?

5a best style objectively

2 Likes

Being better at 1A makes every xdiv easier to pick up and progress in. It’s why the best 1A players always tend to be competent at all the xdiv styles despite not playing them much if ever.

Skill transfer is huge in yoyo. If you build a stronger 1A foundation, then picking up and progressing in all xdivs will be a lot easier.

You don’t need to do anything of course, you can just do whatever is fun. But it seems like you’re trying to approach this from the perspective of a competitive player who wants to get very good and do it in an efficient way. If that’s your goal, then working on your 1A will be very beneficial. I don’t think there’s a single good competitive xdiv player who isn’t also very skilled in 1A.

10 Likes