Shipping on B/S/T Priority or fist class ?

Ship times of priority and first class have never been different for me. The only exception would be if I order something from Yoyoe. I think that yoyoe or the post office deliberately makes priority faster than first class. Since yoyoe is a business, paying more for priority shipping but getting it the same time as first class doesn’t make much sense. I have always gotten my first class stuff one day later than priority.

The only variable that I have noticed is when you ship, not how. If you ship early in the week or especially early in the day then it will go out the same day. The later you get then the more likely it is that it will be shipped the next day.

As far as what I use for bst trades and such, I use boxes that I have most of the time and ship first class with tracking. I have used an old priority box and just put brown paper over it, shipped first class with tracking, haha. I don’t care what service the other party uses in the bst transaction but I do care if they package it well and have tracking, those are the only things I WANT done. Priority seems like a big waste to me.

Your welcome :stuck_out_tongue: BTW I live 2 hours from you so I didn’t except for it to take for ever.

2.5 hours. You should have just brought it with you for YoLexTravaganza and saved the postage fee!

But, if it had to go through Oakland… I think there might some serious stoners in Oakland’s postal sort center.

Could be worse. A package from Twisted Strings sat in the postal center in Washington for 5 days. I think sometimes the legalizing of weed is not a good thing.

YoLexTravaganza was made official after I had shipped.

Just an update. I just completed a deal with Bcmaddog, all done by First Class shipping. I shipped a yo-yo to him on July 20th. He received it on July 22nd. He worked on the yo-yo, and shipped back to me on July 23rd. I received the yo-yo on July 25th. I shipped from MA, and he shipped from NC. Entire process only took 5 days…first class. First class is the way to go. It only took two days each way. Why pay more for Priority? Oh, and it cost me $2.95 to ship with tracking. :smiley: Priority would have cost me another $3 or so. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am always amazed at how fast the mail is , even at priority prices It’s still a great deal .

I did a couple more deals this week and shipped out some first class and been doing some tracking . And I have to say all the first class ones tracked or being tracked , are all taking exactly 2 days . even the ones I shipped late in the day .

and TotalArtist I really liked your thread about how to ship . I found it very helpful and informative . I’m gonna order some of those boxes .

Yeah, they usually take 2 days, but for me every 1/5 times I ship or get something first class, it takes 4-8 days. And like I said, it once took 3 weeks, looking like this when it came Untitled | theyoyoman2011 | Flickr And no, I hadnt ripped it or opened it at all. With priority, that would have never happened

The box could have been in bad condition before it even shipped. There’s been a few times when I’ve received things with shoddy packaging.

Never had a problem with first class. The only one I have issues with is media mail.

No, it was in perfect condition. The postman even told me they were sorry and how things just happen. My guess it somebody dropped it behind something, it got smashed, covered in black dust, then found weeks later. And first class packages getting lost is too common for me to trust it

Yeah, I’ve never had any problems, but the thing about using media mail, is that they may open it and inspect what’s inside. Not that they don’t have that right anyway, but with media, they will more frequently check to see what’s inside. I guess people send things media to get a cheaper rate, but it’s not books or discs or whatnot. So, for that reason, they may tear open media mail, check it and re-seal it. :-\ I bet they don’t always do a great job of re-sealing it.

fist class plz

I’ve shipped hundreds of yoyos and first class has always worked well for me.

Priority is nice for the box.

Jason

I have a raw KLR I’d love to ship first class to you Jason . Your work the is best I’ve ever seen !

there are a few other benefits of priority like free pick up at your home or business, and its much easier to get an insurance claim filled using priority. although its not an easy process altogether.

but thank you for the insight from the original post! always good to know these things.

Maybe you can fill me in on at home pickup. Are people leaving packages outide in their mailbox, for the carrier to pick up? I never trusted this. It seems like if I left a BST yo-yo in my box, and the carrier took it, but forgot to scan it, and it got lost…I’d be out of luck. Am I correct on this? I always prefer to go to a clerk, where I can get a receipt in hand indicating where I mailed it, and who did the transaction. I always thought that if I filled out for a tracking number online, attach it to the box, and put the box out to be picked up…what if it is picked up but not scanned? What happens then? I see too many scan errors to trust that it will be scanned when it should. :-\

I hope someone can fill me in.

basically you go online and you can have them schedule an at home pick up for your priority packages if you use electronic payment for the labels. here is the link
https://tools.usps.com/go/ScheduleAPickupAction!input.action

you just enter your info after the packages are ready to go and pow they will come and pick it up.

and you insure for the value and then they will pick it up. either from your office or your home.

oops the link isnt working and i cant seem to edit my post https://tools.usps.com/go/ScheduleAPickupAction!input.action

I’ve done a lot of online buying and selling with my other hobby, video games. I probably have close to 2000 pieces for my NES collection alone. I always prefer when someone sends Priority. I’ve had far fewer issues with Priority vs. First Class.

Hmmm…so they will charge me extra for insurance, since the package is left out for pickup?

I will try this once to see how I like it. I can just print the label out from my computer, and glue it to the box? Sounds like a good idea when you can’t get to the post office, but not as secure.

insurance isnt required i just recommend it incase something happens.

and it is the same cost as if you were to walk in and insure your package.