Sengoku Oni

For all intents and purposes consider me a noob. I’ve only been throwing for 2 months now and have since gathered a collection of yoyos. So by all means, take what I say with a grain of salt. I am merely thinking out loud:

The Sengoku Oni feels exquisite to play. The bimetal rims help the throw to track true to the path I intend it to go. I’m not quite sure why there is such reluctance among people to try it. There is speculation that there is this considerable difficulty to change its direction. For me personally, in my limited experience, it feels great.

For the level of tricks I am doing, it works amazingly (Matrix is my highest level trick thus far). Who knows, when I get to higher levels of play maybe I will see what more experienced people are talking about.

Until then, I love the Sengoku Oni, it’s hands down my favorite throw and I highly encourage those who like dope things in this world to give it a try.

5 Likes

Seconded it is really good, among my top 5 bimetals

4 Likes

I’m not sure where you heard that or why people would think that. In my experience, any yo-yo can change direction fast. How fast it does this, in my opinion, has more to do with player ability than anything else. Yes, there are yo-yos that make you want to play faster and yo-yos which simply feel “right,” when you play slower. But that’s not to say that you can’t push them to go faster or make them change direction with ease.

The Oni is a highly capable throw. It has great spin times, it’s horizontally capable, and has ample stability to boot. It may not suit every person out there, but that has nothing to do with its capabilities.

None of this matters, however. What matters is what you think of it and how much you enjoy it. :wink:

3 Likes