Sengoku Samurai

Who all has gotten to either try/buy/or have interest in the Sengoku Samurai?

1 Like

I picked one up a few weeks ago. I had yet to pick up a Sengoku and i thought the shape and the olive color looked super intrigueing. Im very pleased with it and would recommend it to others. I think it feels very floaty and it likes to be thrown hard. Much more comfortable in the hands and a softer feeling return than i expected. Very forgiving catch zone.

3 Likes

I … actually did not care for mine, and gave it away. It’s interesting, but more on the quirky side for my tastes.

6 Likes

What did you find quarky?

1 Like

It looks like it would have the same weight distribution as a Double rimmed yoyo but with a thumb grind lip.

Like a chief?

1 Like

Yeah, Chief, Pickaxe, @Marm Moose

The Samurai give me ideas for the “Mammoth”

3 Likes

The weight ring on the Samurai does make it spin harder than the chief on a powerful throw. Also the chief has way more center weight in comparison.

2 Likes

What’s that?

2 Likes

the rims look like they could peel potatoes

2 Likes

Lol there’s no sharpness to it

2 Likes

Stuff…

1 Like

I’m very happy to own one of these. It definitely has a unique feel, but I enjoy playing with it quite a bit. It’s also a beautiful design. Here’s a picture of mine I took at work.

6 Likes

I was going to put each half on the lathe and back hollow grind a razor edge on the rim and see if I could hop up to a thumb grind on a hot dog and cut the end off!

3 Likes

Anyone have more input on how this thing feels weight wise? I’m so curious to try one, but I’m not a fan of yoyos that feel to heavy or solid. I can’t help but think this thing is pretty solid considering how the weight is pushed out. Too scared to take the plunge on this one because of the price.

1 Like

Its not heavy. Not at all. It does feel solid in a quality way - as in its well built. If you like lighter throws then the samurai will satisfy your expectations. I would consider it one of my “floatiest” throws in my collection. If you happen to live in Colorado id be happy to let you try it out.

3 Likes

I’m not in Colorado, but I appreciate the info! :pray:t2:

3 Likes

Crazy lol

1 Like

reminds me of a veritas

1 Like