Sengoku Nobunaga Owners!

Sengoku Nobunaga owners. Is it just me? Or does the Nobunaga seem to be extremely easy to play with in terms of performing tricks and binding? I don’t know if it’s the slight under-size yet can fall into the mid-size category that gives it that magic?

I played with my Shutter and my Space Cowboy and other yoyo’s, and it doesn’t seem to click as good as the Nobunaga. For example, I use my Shutter as my main learning yoyo and as my beater yoyo where I play on concrete as well. It took me awhile to learn the first part of Black Hops. I can do the first variant of Black Hops on my Shutter now that I learned it. However when I try to do Black Hops or Eli Hops or anything else, it seems as if my Nobunaga allows me to perform the trick easier. I sometimes mess up on 1st variation of Black Hops on my other yoyos, same with Nobunaga even. But with Nobunaga, I mess up significantly less.

Could it be some sort of psychological mind game that I am playing upon myself, or does anybody else with a Sengoku Nobunaga feel the same way?

1 Like

Don’t have one so I don’t know. But why don’t you send me one and I can test this theory. ;D

If you’ve mostly been using one particular yoyo for a while, it becomes sort of “normal” to you, and everything else feels a bit off compared to that baseline. So it could be that, but it’s also possible that it’s simply a better fit for you as a player.

Nobunaga is crazy good. Just a very approachable yoyo so long as you find the angles comfortable enough. I am hard to please with respect to metals and even more with bi-metals. I was surprised that I like it a lot more than the Draupnir (though admittedly that’s also a terrific yoyo - just a preference thing).

1 Like

Part of it is the wicked torque (and thus spin time) that comes with the design. and part of it is the ever so slighty lower end of mid size. I wouldn’t own so many of them if I didn’t love them. Absolutely out of the ball park win for Sengoku.