Secret santa exchange here.

Just a bit more clarification it says we recommend to spend around 20 . When I participated in that main exchange around Christmas I send someone a 30 gift and I got 25$ gift.
And some people got dslrs ps3 cameras and expensive stuff.
So Steve can send as much expensive gift he wants.

I canā€™t believe you would talk to yoyodoc like that. Heā€™s a professional who knows his stuff.

I want to join but itā€™s not part of YYE, so Iā€™ll wait for YYE variant near Christmas to do this. I already have really cool plans just thinking about it due to this thread.

Heā€™s just another person. No disrespect to yoyodoc, Iā€™m a fan, but just because heā€™s a professional yoyoer doesnā€™t mean we have to bow down to him. Iā€™d treat him the same respect as Iā€™d treat any other yoyoer on this website, no more, no less.

Thanks but nobody on this forum has any Special rating that should keep them safe from taking a hit here and there.

To me it would be worse if people were afraid to speak up.

I ā€˜doā€™ know a lot of stuff. But I sure donā€™t know everything. And I learn things on the Forum from day to day.

As long as people at least think they know what they are taking about; I have no problem taking a little incoming fire.

1 Like

I never said to bow down to him, all I said was I canā€™t believe you would talk to a pro like that, lets not forget that you should show some respect for those who are older than you. But it seems kids and teens these days donā€™t know what that means. It seems like they think they are better than everyone else, and that they donā€™t know what respect means. Iā€™d treat yoyodoc the same as anyone here. But him being a pro and older than I, Iā€™d treat him with a bit more respect than those who think they are better than everyone else. No one is better than anyone else. Every is equal. But its only proper to treat those older than you with a bit more respect than those younger than you. Iā€™m just saying, that is my opinion. Hopefully I didnā€™t offend you, wasnā€™t what I was going for. Just sharing my opinion.

I agree and perhaps I didnā€™t use the best of words. I just think manners have been lost on here. So I apologize if I came off the wrong way. Perhaps I didnā€™t think it through before posting, and that is my own fault.

Having done gift exchanges in the past with either family or the coaster club I belong to, usually around $20-30 is a good number to spend. It allows you to find something decent yet keeping things affordable and realistic. In the end, personally Iā€™d feel bad if all I did was exchange a budget plastic for a $100+ premium yoyo.

Iā€™ve never done the gift exchange here before though so I donā€™t really know how itā€™s traditionally done here. I think personally Iā€™d rather just participate in the YYE exchange around the holidays since YYE is my ā€œhomeā€ so to speak when it comes to anything yoyo-related.

These are cool and all, but you really have to go in with the mindset that youre basically giving away a yoyo. Last time I signed up for a secret santa exchange I gave away a nice metal, and got a vibey hand-painted protostar in return. so yeah, Iā€™ll be sitting this one out

You didnā€™t offend me! I just misunderstood what you were saying is all :slight_smile:

Yes, please show a little respect for your eldersā€¦ http://theyo.com/yoyo/images/smilies/icon_thold.gif

3 Likes

First of all I donā€™t know yoyo docs age. So he can be a 20 year old 50 year old or a 150 year old man with legendary Humor.
Then Iā€™m not talking to him generally so itā€™s about that specific topic.

Then most time I do understand the humour but this time I think he genuinely thought that the limit is 20$.

I dint disregard or disrespect him that was an topic specific thing.
Iā€™m just giving him some info.

This is not the motive of secret santa itā€™s like love for sharing kind of thing.

You need to have a 5 count trade feed for that so make sure you have your trades done. Lol.

1 Like

But yoyo doc you tell were you saying that 20 $ thing in humor or you genuinely didnā€™t knew about that?

LOL.

You can put multiple quotes in the same postā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen people do it.
How do you do it?

Scroll down under where you type your reply to the Topic Summary. The previous posts in the thread are there and there is an insert quote button in the top right corner of each post.

3 Likes