Sale/trade with Europe

Hey,
I have one question related to buy and trade. Is it possible to buy, trade or sale Yo-Yos here if ur from Europa. I tried to get into more the five trades and sales the last fourteen days where everybody denied to send over the big sea. Is it just me, corona or unfortunate?
Let me know because I lose the muse to hunt throws in this forum.

I’ve shipped several yoyos all across the world, and I’ve had several shipped to me.

Haven’t done it in a while so idk how covid is affecting international shipments, but usually people try to avoid it because of the higher shipping cost, and the lack of a tracking number most of the time. It can be a big headache if a yoyo disappears in transit with no way to know where it is.

3 Likes

Ok thanks so I was more unfortunate because I always was willing to pay the difference for shipping fees.

I just sold something and shipped it to Wales and it made it there in 11 days. No issues and the extra shipping charge was about $8. Unfortunately tracking outside of the US is expensive so I usually don’t get it which makes a lot of people uncomfortable.

3 Likes

@yoyojoe Thank you, i was also wondering since from here to the states is 15€ with tracking ~18$.
I was told the last days it would be 40$-80$…
I also received 3 packages from YYE and one other from the states all where 10$ with tracking. No clue anyways thanks for the reply.

I’m not sure what yye is using to get it that cheap but the $40-80 makes sense if you want international tracking through USPS. For about $15 we can ship in the US and have tracking till it leaves the US but it doesn’t track in other countries.

DHL might ship for cheap to international counties but I’ve never tried it

Ok they all came with us postal to me. Maybe they have bulk deals. Is interesting that shipping to the states is so much cheaper for me. Try to get some g2 throws here since they hardly available.

When you ship overseas from the US the customs number is somewhat trackable. Any first class package sent overseas will have that number. I’m sure that’s the number being used when tracking a parcel from YYE.

1 Like

A tracked 1st class international package from USPS is between $13-$23 from the US to many countries. I use https://www.pirateship.com/ to purchase and print my postage + customs labels.

The main issue currently is that tracking may be very slow to update, and packages will also take a very long time to some countries.

6 Likes

I’m in the us and a little leery about International shipping right now. I’ve had a couple of international orders drop off the map since the pandemic started, and these were shipped from companies that provided international tracking numbers. One stopped moving for almost 2 months before crossing the ocean, the other disappeared and I got a refund before it randomly showed up at my door over a month later.

1 Like

@vegabomb @MarkD @samjonester thank you all for sharing ur knowledge and experience when it comes to international shipping. I personally only experienced delay in packages right in the beginning of the pandemic also for about a month long and then a gradual fall of from then. But all my us orders can within 14days. Still a bit puzzled why the prices sending to Europa a differ so extensively between 10$-80$ but maybe it depends where u located in the states. Still hope That I can get an order from this forum shipped to Europe since I would like to tryout out some “smaller “ us brands like G2.
So far thx Ray

Yeah, both my experiences were in February and March, so right at the beginning as well. Maybe it’s not an issue anymore and I’m just being overly cautious, now? We are finally seeing toilet paper aisles about half stocked here in NJ again :joy:

1 Like

LOL same here so I guess that is the sign that we are getting back to normal mode… strange world

1 Like

I’ve shipped international a couple of times and decided the extra effort/cost is not worth it to me. Passed on a couple of sales due to that, but comfortable with my choice.

Sure it’s your free choice. What I do not understand what is the extra effort? You just send a package at least that it is how it works here does not matter where it goes. Sure and extra cost should be covert by the recipient but that I always offer at to todo, no problem there. So I do not really get what makes the difference for you.

I ship in and out of EU and US and have done for a long time. Not an issue with modern logistics. Tracking and insured contents not a problem, just make sure you don’t cheap out on the customs decleration.

I didn’t think it was an issue like it was in the 90’s. It’s as simple to send overseas as it is to the next town over.

1 Like

@nothingfaced Thanks man for these honest words! That is what I was expecting. Was really wondering why this is more complicated in the us then here. So it is not, as I expected. That makes me a little sad since I got denied an all the sales and gives me a bitter feeling. The situation “Yes, I am selling something, but not to you” sucks. So since it is just Yoyos I maybe should just stop bothering myself and others and get the good European stuff and the us shop(s) throws that ship without hesitation.

It’s unfortunate if someone won’t ship to you but that’s their choice. Don’t dispair, there are lots of individuals are happy to ship from the US to the EU. I recently had a throw shipped from CA. and it took 7 days without any hitch or issue.

1 Like

@nothingfaced yeah your right, I was just upset since I got some many strikes in a row. Thanks for pointing this out.

Lol… :smiley:

Whales:

Wales:

2 Likes