Sale/trade with Europe

Fixed

1 Like

Diolch!

1 Like

Sorry dude, wasnā€™t trying to have a go - just thought it was amusing :grinning:

Cheers! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Bizarrely, Wales seems to have become the international standard pf measurement for anything large - I always hear statements on news programs like ā€œan area 3 times the size of Walesā€ā€¦

Didnā€™t know Wales is now an SI unit :grin:

1 Like

FYI -> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brexit

Not sure I understand the relevanceā€¦ :confused:

Sorry I was a bit imprecise :wink: I just wanted to point out that potentially the trading contracts between UK and US can be different. Since I asked for EU-US trades I wanted to show up that is not the same anymore.

1 Like

Ah ok - I get it now.

Yes, trade between the UK and the US could change dramatically after this year.For instance, I recently ordered a Legendary Terrarian from a US retailer (not YYE) - the price as sold was good, but after the Ā£30.15 customs charge I was slapped with it became a somewhat pricey purchaseā€¦

I also ordered some bearings recently - cost as sold Ā£15.20 - customs charge Ā£11.08! I fell foul of the Ā£15 limit by 20 pence and was therefore hit with VAT and the Royal Mailā€™s ridiculous Ā£8 handling fee :frowning_face: which as far as I can tell is simply for them putting a sticker on the box and posting a fee notice through your doorā€¦

2 Likes

Wow that is a very strict execution of the rule. That sucks. But same here customs here are also no fun and mostly very unfriendly. Actually the customs where here in the city center so it was easy to pay your tax and get your parcel, but now the moved it in some suburb so now I need 40 min by carā€¦
I guess we all hate this topic, so many cool brands all over the world and the internet but still these random taxing issues.

1 Like

Whereabouts in Europe are you?

Munich

1 Like

I guess for us buying/trading is luckily still easy till end of the year

1 Like

I fundamentally disagree with all sales taxes such as VAT (Value Added Tax) here in the UK because itā€™s a regressive tax, meaning it disproportionately affects poorer people.

Poor people tend to spend most (if not all) of their income, thereby paying not just income tax but also VAT on almost everything they earn.

Rich people on the other hand, spend a much lower proportion of their income, tending to save more of it and therefore pay much less VAT as a proportion of their income.

Even more bizarrely, some things which only rich people buy are exempt from VAT - such as helicopters! :astonished:

2 Likes

I love you ur so right

1 Like

A flat rate of income tax with a generous tax-free allowance for low earners is the only really fair tax IMO.

1 Like

That, and closing the loopholes which enable rich people to pay much less tax than they should.

A good example would be (sir) Philip Green - heā€™s a billionaire who pays less income tax in the UK than I do because his companies are official owned by his wife, who lives in Monacoā€¦

Edit - removed the derogatory comment towards Philip Green

1 Like

Actually here they let decay the court process of the german football association while corona where they fouled the state by 2Billion ā‚¬. So these guy are now happy made a tone of money and simply nobody took any actionā€¦

1 Like

But lets stop this we are leaving the field :wink:

1 Like

Sorry mate, rant over :grin:

1 Like