RSO Mechabape

Just wanted to give a quick opinion on the RSO mechabapezilla that just came out. Since most people won’t be able to try it because of the limited quantity and the price I wanted to give my opinion as someone who has owned a bape, bape 2 and now a mechabape.

First off this yoyo is well machined and feels smooth to the touch. All of the accessories are top notch as well and I feel like a lot of time and effort was put into this project. The yoyo itself on the first throw felt nice, It has some heft but is floaty on the string. I also just wanted to mention that the yoyo itself is smooth for a titanium but it’s not like glass. Compared to the original bape its very similar and reminds me of it just better playing. Compared to the bape 2 it’s more fun and less like a one drop yoyo and more like an anti-yo.

Just wanted to give a little review for anyone interested. If you have any questions feel free to post them.

5 Likes

I was able to snag one of these as well.

I got back into the YoYo scene probably 2 yrs ago when I went to unload some 10 yr old limited edition or limited production throws I had collected over the years.
I never saw the drops of the bapes in any form, but the ‘organic’ has always been my favorite as far as feel in the hand.

I tend to snag what I can and evaluate if it suits me then decide sell or keep, because these limited production runs can be difficult to get later on.

Mine arrived with a cloth drawstring bag I like after getting them with some Illy and also other sources.

But my first throw I was more than impressed. It quickly became probably my favorite titanium or very close to it on my first few sessions playing it.
It is very stable and long spinning and I’ve come to realize my favorite size where I can sometimes struggle to give the larger size Yo’s enough room on a trick as it goes by my arm or hand.
I really like the polished finish as well.

While the price is up there compared to other mono titaniums (some I’ve seen for more) for me it was money well spent.

If you have a chance to give one a throw at some point you might want to think twice as you might want to get it after.

6 Likes