RSO Mecha Babezilla - Godzilla Edition!

Bapezilla Godzilla Edition. Named for the unique cracked coat which is reminiscent of dinosaur scales. This is the FINAL run of the Mecha-Bapezilla. Only 25 made.

Releasing Tuesday 12/1 @ 8PM EST.

16 Likes

I contest it’s amazing

Neat yoyo, but I’m just sitting here wondering how much of that $429.99 price tag is actually the lapel pin… :thinking:

4 Likes

It’s 24k gold!

3 Likes

I want to believe this is true.

Even if it’s not, I’ll still be picking up 3 or 4 of these, ya know, as stocking stuffers… or maybe for the “Secret Santa” event at work.

Co-worker: Oh, hey, a yoyo. I had one of these as a kid!
Me: Correction, a $430 yoyo. Made of titanium. Only 25 exist in the world. Did you see the matching lapel pin?
Co-worker: Neat. Let’s see if I can still walk the dog.
Me: (leaps in slow motion, action-movie style)

Noooooooooo!

14 Likes

Christmas tree ornaments? :thinking:

7 Likes

why are RSO throws so expensive? I know they’re titanium, but are they really that good or is it more because they’re collectible?

2 Likes

I believe that this is the old maxim of supply/demand, it is a company that has positioned itself strategically in a public willing to spend this amount, exploring the collectible aspect, and also exclusivity (only X made), and while there are people buying, I imagine that there will be products for this market niche.
The fact that it is titanium, is not deterministic in this equation, because there was a moment when a madman decided to produce Ti throws with excellent quality and was considered a disruptor that would break this special market…

7 Likes

I also can see in the future some oil tycoon throwing a gold with encrusted diamonds throws… Why not?

1 Like

Because Elvin does such small runs of them with high quality control. If he made 100 or more of these the price would come down considerably. Also he hires a professional artist to do all the art work for his throws and the custom packaging costs a bit to make especially for small quantities.

8 Likes

If I had the money I would probably try to get it, it’s amazing!

All three sold in under a minute!!

3 Likes

The Future is Now on the Auction Site…

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Small-Vintage-Brushed-Gold-YoYo-Rhinestones-For-the-Girl-Who-Has-Everything/184555031704

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: that was fast, but it’s not mainstream…yet. lol
PS. We should not have this conversation under this topic, it seems a little sarcastic about RSO throws, and this is not the Idea… I wish I have one Bapezilla… :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Normal RSO releases aren’t much more than normal Ti offerings (around $300).

EDITING TO SAY ALL OF THIS IS ABOUT THE DOOMBOT: This is a ti bimetal with brass rings, MUCH more expensive to produce than mono metal Ti throws. Elvin is actually not making profit on this model from what I heard due to all the prototyping required. I think there were seven iterations with three machine shops before he was able to complete this journey. EDIT AGAIN MY BAD I FORGOT THE LISTING WAS FOR MECHABAPE. Finish on the Mechabape pushed price up.

Also his packaging and extras are next level and quality is higher than anyone else around bar none. The man is a true perfectionist.

They are worth every penny as evidenced by immediate sellouts, crazy desirability, and retention of full retail price if not more for resale.

7 Likes

Thanks a lot, Jerk.
Rub the bells and whistles in ma face, I stand strong.
I wanted to get one, but, my check hadn’t deposited.
I wish I got one ;(

Seriously tho these are gorgeous, I would spend $430 for a citizen, so I would certainly buy this.

Thanks for the good info!

I just know nothing about RSO, so I was curious.

3 Likes

Believe me, every time Elvin puts out a release it’s a combination of joy and pain. I get so excited to see what new creation he has poured his love of yoyo and reverence for historic models into, but know I will either feel the pain of having to let it pass or to pay for it.

3 Likes

Also I just realized my response about the cost of this yoyo was talking about the Doombot production. I was mentally thinking this listing was for Doombot, my bad.

Mechabapezilla definitely fetching a premium price - the finish added extra cost, but even with that I’d say price is higher than normal ti.

3 Likes

what i have valued most about RSO’s releases:

• products with high quality, and quality control
  • an unique ‘experience’ and/or story that accompanies each product/project
  • a visual and physical ‘presentation’ of that experience/story
  • a meticulous attention to detail, at every level
  • multiple, credited project contributors
  • innovative and unique designs
  • and you get a yoyo
6 Likes

Seems weird that this is at the bottom of the list.

4 Likes