New from RSO - The Mecha Bapezille SE Edition!

From RSO: The non-SE Mecha-Bapezilla was RSO’s first collaboration and one that helped give the company the initial push it needed (this is something I will always feel indebted to Sonny for). Over the years, different versions such as the Mecha-Viszilla, OG Edition and Godzilla Edition were released and were exceptionally popular. Collaborations with Sonny also allowed RSO to experiment with SEs in the YWETi SE Edition MK I and II, the first SE titanium yo-yos ever made. With the Gravity, I had designed what I thought was the perfect SE titanium yo-yo.

The Mecha-Bapezilla SE Edition halves were actually machined at about the same time as the YWETi SE Edition MK II in the fourth quarter of 2020. However, due to the limited availability of SEs and NSK DS bearings (I channelled what I had to YWETi and Gravity), the Mecha-Bapezilla SE Edition has taken a while to see the light of day.

The Mecha-Bapezilla SE Edition comes equipped with premium parts including silver flat cap SEs from One Drop and platinum Double Straight C bearings from NSK.

The Mecha-Bapezilla SE Edition has the revised more vertical nipple design like the YWETi MK II, staying true to the aesthetic of the OG Bapezilla. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”, people say. I believe that a SE version of the OG design would have done better. Models like the Static Responsives Co. Parlay and Sudo, essentially SE versions of the OG Bapezilla design with minor tweaks, have been fan favourites. The Mecha-Bapezilla SE Edition is derived from the OG Bapezilla CAD and is the closest representation of what a SE Edition of the OG Bapezilla will play.

This is the last collaboration with Sonny. It has been an incredible ride with a meaningful friendship forged. RSO will be moving towards independent releases and original designs in the year 2022.

Releasing Saturday 10/23 @ 8PM EDT.

15 Likes

take my dirty money and never look at me again!

10 Likes

Elvin does it again…:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

But I just bought a tiramisu. Stahp.

4 Likes

This one is sweet, Side Effects, Ti and a classic shape :ok_hand:

15 Likes

Anyone with a Gravity and Ti Bapezilla have a quick comparison?

7 Likes

@FrankieJR

4 Likes

15 Likes

As u see in @d4nnyb0yy s pic… or maybe u can’t lol. But u can see in specs too that the mecha se has more mass. The gravity can be bumped up in weight of course! But its feel wont be very similar.

The mecha se has more density to its feel.
Comes back hard too lol. Its misleading how hard it’s still spinning sometimes during tricks.

If u like the tapped mechabape I think you will like this one. Oh and try ultralights in it. Super fun

12 Likes

How about stability with a naked Gravity vs Bape?

1 Like

I’ll throw some now and dm u. Gotta take my gravy apart and set it to stock

6 Likes

Will there be any colorways or raw only?

This is the million dollar question…so far only raw has been released :upside_down_face:

You could send it over to @dizzo if you need custom ano

2 Likes

Yeah but for a $400 yoyo I’d rather be able to buy it in an official color. I’m not a fan of the raw look.

Based on this I want to say there’ll only be raw but maybe an anodized batch wouldn’t be considered another collaboration and instead a continuation. Only @lytelvin can say for sure.

3 Likes

I NEED a cracked coat godzilla version :grin:

4 Likes

And I need some OG Heart SEs actually :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If anyone should consider selling a set: hit me up :hugs:

4 Likes

5 sold out in 4 minutes

2 Likes

That was fast :flushed:

1 Like