Reviewing the rest of the Big Yoyo String lineup

Another string review. I had a busy winter and lacked the motivation to type these up. Here’s my second review for the day.

Type 3 - A little like BY Type 1, but tighter wound. This is a solid string, built to last and handles well. Tight binds and excellent whip and slack control. I didn’t get to experience the durability of this because I carelessly played with it as soon as I walked in the door from work one day, and got it filthy. This string is in a pile with some others due for a washing experiment.

A.M. Slix - I couldn’t really get excited about this string. Objectively, it’s a quality, solid string that does everything you’d want a string to do. Mason DeVriend, a BY team member, loves it. Something about the feel of this string, the texture, didn’t jive with me. I feel silly that I’m reviewing this without the vocabulary to describe the product. It’s good. It’s quality. It holds tension well, has a nice density for whips… I think it’s something you’ll just have to try to see if it’s for you.

Cyber Silk - What a cool name. The color of this was super cool. A deep, shiny pink that almost looks metallic. I won’t go in to a lot of detail on this string. I don’t like the slippery, silky nylon style of string. If you like Toxic Dragon string or GRYC Gold series string, then this is definitely worth a try for you.

I was able to snag a free sample pack from Jake via this forum. I can’t say whether he has more available, but you can always shoot him an email to find out, or to order some of your own: bigyoyostring@gmail.com

*I am not being compensated in any way for this review. In fact, I ordered a pack of BY Type 1 this week and paid full price, like anyone. Jake is sending along a new prototype he’s asked me to test. I’ll review that at a later date. (Yes, I ordered GRYC strings, too. I’m in a string love triangle.)

Sweet review man! Thanks!

Awesome. Reviews are always great!