Returning... Need help choosing a "Modern" throw

Basically, I have not thrown in 6 years… I’m looking to start back up again and it looks like technology has advanced enough that I need to look at getting something modern.

1. Money doesn’t really matter.
  2. I prefer “smaller” throws. Favorites in my collection are, '09 888, Yuuksta, and M1
  3. I’m looking for something along these lines but newer and more stable.

Thanks in advance,
Boku

7 Likes

Welcome back!

1 Like

Schneider mk2, a-rt sparrow, turning point leviathan 7, yyf ti 888, unparalleled ignition (feels small to me), new yyf skylines, clyw pickaxe is meh, gen yo torrent 1, gen yo essence (so stable)

1 Like

responsive or unresponsive?

if you already have some yoyos, i have this Bimetal you could offer to trade for!

1 Like

If you like the 888, you could check out the Duncan Mayhem or the One Drop Intro or Parlay. One Drop is releasing a 7075 version of the Intro soon as well called the Nitro.

2 Likes

Keep your eyes open on all the BSTs for someone selling a Ti-Vayder.

4 Likes

Welcome back. I came back about a year ago and found a bunch of yo-yos to catch up on. If you are looking for an organic a-rt makes some of the finest. I found them to have the same comfort of classic throws. A-rt Yo-yos can be kinda tricky to track down but totally worth it. If you want performance bimetals are everywhere now. I haven’t really cared for any of them I have tried.

Edit lol idk why random photos where added

4 Likes

Duncan Grasshopper GTX

1 Like

The OP prefers “smaller” throws, what I believe we would call mid-size today. The Grasshopper GTX, while a fantastic yoyo, is decidedly full-size.

1 Like

I guess it is, but it may be my smallest bi-metal. Hummingbird may be smaller, but I don’t own it yet.

1 Like

PM’d

Nevertheless, the Grasshopper GTX (and Hummingbird) aren’t really comparable size-wise to 888s, for instance. Yoyos have gone from mid-size to full-size to plus-size now…

3 Likes

Exit 8!

5 Likes

Something on the more affordable side but still amazing would be the new version of the Skyline. Same specs as the original one, but the profile is changed to be more modern.

4 Likes

The new yyf genesis or an edgeless yoyo, edgeless feels just like an old school.

Nitro or Intro!!!

1 Like

Yes, but which one?

2 Likes

Nitro is the one!

1 Like

Nitro for the win! It plays and sounds like titanium!

1 Like