Returning from 8 year hiatus, looking for the best $40-$100 Throw

I agree, motive is just amazing

4 Likes

Very much the same way I feel about the motive. Would have written it out myself but was at the vet with the dog on the leash. That said the catch zone is perfect, SF really outdid themselves by taking the feedback the community had on the Motive Beta and fine tuning the production run to near perfection.

5 Likes

The SF Motive if currently sold out on the SF website :frowning:

2 Likes

Ok umm… It wasn’t last night. I’m sorry you had to hear all these great things about it OP!

1 Like

Alright, I have now narrowed it down to the following…

WA shutter
Yoyo Friends Sync
Monkeyfinger Caesar. (Cheap rn on yoyo sam)
Magpie

Many yoyo’s people have recommended are out of stock/ only bad colour ways left (Grasshopper, Motive, etc. I am also hoping to get one from ■■■■■■■ before the sale ends.

I would also consider the puff adder, sugar glider, death adder V2 but there doesn’t seem to be any good colour ways/ out of stock on yoyo sam.

Lastly, I am definitely looking for something a little smaller and lighter as I have smaller hands. I’m leaning toward the WA shutter as it is lighter kinda floaty but also powerful, but coming from a dv888 I’m worried it will be too wide/big for my hands? Any other thoughts would be much appreciated.

2 Likes

i’d just go for the WA. try it out. see how you like it, if you don’t like it, you can always resell it on the BST.

Retic direct store still has a good amount of the death adder v2 left in stock. I think the only one that is out of stock is the planet sadala colorway with brass rings.

2 Likes

Sooooo many great yoyos to chose from in this price range. Just choose a middle of the road good for learning anything model. A few that I can suggest are…

MK1 Diffraction 2
Markmont Classic
One Drop VTWO or Rev 1

2 Likes

So @KFoord…have you decided which yo-yo you’re going to go with? :smiley:

Is it going to be the purple/yellow Wide Angle?

Hey! Team captain of yoyofriends and the main designer of the sync here. I think sync checks all the boxes in terms of pure performance in that list. It is already one of the fastest monometal out there. Stability and power wise its a standout in your list. :smiley:

3 Likes

Either that or wait for the monometal Hummingbird!

4 Likes

Yes I did end up going with the WA shutter. I was honestly dead set between the sync and the WA shutter, but I liked the shutter’s current colour ways more! Thanks for the message Philip, the sync does check my boxes and is at the top of my list, just the current colour ways didn’t appeal to me as much. Cheers!

Also if money wasn’t an item I would have probably gone with the hummingbird.

4 Likes

Dude, I think you’re going to love your WA! Can’t wait for you to get it!! :smiley:

Yeah…I totally get this. I have to like the way a yo-yo looks in order to want it.

Anyhow…I’m really excited for you! :smiley:

1 Like

Their store doesn’t work for me. It’s the main reason I haven’t gotten one.

My store? If you ever need any help just shoot me a pm or email and Ill help gladly :slight_smile:

5 Likes