rest in peace yoyojam

Yoyojam announced they are closing after seventeen years

Poor Dale. He must be crushed…hopefully he feels better :’( :frowning:

Apparently dale has been having some health issues… his doctor advised him to get rid of some stress. .

Dang. This is pretty shocking news. My first “real” yoyo was a YYJ Dark Magic, I still have it. All the best to Dale and everyone involved with YYJ. YYJ was a real pioneer of the modern yoyo in many ways.

“Hopefully he feels better.” I apologize if my wording makes it slightly difficult to understand.

Where will the sponsored players go?

they will go where formerly sponsored players go…

Sad, sad, sad… But I guess all good things come to an end at some point. Now I wonder if Dale would consider keeping the brand alive and sell the company off to keep the legacy going.

I do have to give it to YYJ as they were the pioneers to doing bi-material throws, bringing us to what we have today with quite a variety of bimetal throws.

Man this is really sad. YYJ’s the company that reminded me of the exciting days of yoyoing, when it was all about learning new tricks and dreaming about being pro.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

My brain: “look at the bright side, that bimetal patent thingy is less of a worry now!”

Me: “Brain, is that the ONLY THING you’re concerned about?!?”

Brain: “good point…RIP Yoyojam…”

I just saw the official announcement on instagram. Truly saddening. :’(

1 Like

RIP YYJ some of my first yoyos were made by them and my favorite plastic yoyo the YYJ classic… One of my daily plastics. Its such a shame this happened at this time. For so long I used to look up to that company like it was the holy grail of yoyo company’s it’s sad to see this company go.

Times a changin in the yoyo community

Its sad. I remember back when all I wanted was a YYJ Equinox. Which I got. and I got it signed by John Narum back when he was sponsored by them. I still have it to this day.

1 Like

YoYoJam products have been a constant throughout my yoyo journey. I learned so many trick ladder tricks on hit YYJ yoyos like the Hitman and of course the Dark Magic. Over the many times I’ve quit for a while and come back, I always wanted to get my hands on the yoyos from YYJ that I’d missed, even in recent years when their releases came in more of a trickle than a stream.

There’s been a thread batted around on this forum about what happened to YYJ, why they aren’t as popular anymore. I wanted to contribute to the thread with my opinion that some of the YYJ plastics still play as good as most any plastic on the market. The Classic, Surge, and Trigger are a fantastic trio in my collection I return to all the time. Each are a great value and to top it off they’re MADE IN THE USA, like so few plastics. Anyone seeing this thread that maybe doesn’t have a YYJ in their collection and might be inspired to get one should look into those.

I’ll really miss this company and the products they make.

Man, YoYoJam used to be my jam. My first unresponsive throw was a Speeder, and I shot my first Yo-Yo video with a Dark Magic. Sad to see the company go like this. I wish the best for Dale and his family.

Awwww man. :’( As soon as I get a job & earn some cash, I will pick up a YYJ ASAP. (Which one should I get) Wish the best for Dale.

The end of an era. Much respect to them, not only for many great contributions to yoyo design, but for fostering and developing so much talent on their team over the years.

1 Like

So sad, it’s as if we had lost a relative, most of us learned to yoyo with their throws :-[

on the patent issue, isn’t there something about selling your business assets in the US?

This can’t be true, they are my favorite :’(

This really makes me sad. Yoyojam have always been one of my favorite companies. The DarkMagic was my first high quality yoyo. I learned and made up so much stuff on Hitmans, X-convicts, and Darkmagics. It is truly heartbreaking to see them close down.

RIP Yoyojam. :’( :’(

Really sad to hear this. The Spinfaktor changed everything.