Responsive yoyo recommendation that fit my needs. (To groove tricks I already learnt and practice making it smoother)

I just counted.
72 yos and counting on my current wish list.
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me!

Anyone want to buy my spare kidney? I can live without a liver too, right?

3 Likes

Haha. Ive been yoyoing for a decade and dont have that much in my collection, and i consider myself a collector :joy:

4 Likes

Thank you, @twitch77! Not only am I finding how much I enjoy throwing, but Iā€™m also a collector at heart. A dangerous combination in this hobby, I have a feeling.

6 Likes

This is indeed helpful. String and lube are next on my list to bundle with my next yoyo purchase. My next question was going to how to use it, but you beat me to the punch!

2 Likes

haha for sure! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

A multi tool/bearing removal tool is nice to have as well. Of course, you could always use needle nose pliers, or the right diameter drill bit, but, I like to keep all my maintenance stuff in one place. Which brings my second suggestion - a small storage container for all the little stuff. I bought a clear one with adjustable dividers from Home Depot for a few dollars.

Here is a link to a multi tool:

4 Likes

Yeah until you see this video or similar ones like this, itā€™s really hard to visualise just how little this minimal amount of lube that needs to be used that people talk about. I think itā€™s easy to think itā€™s not enough and over lube but seeing videos like this gives you confidence to put just trace amounts and be sure that you have enough.

3 Likes

Just donā€™t use lube if you do not mind about a bit of noise. Lube= less spin always

3 Likes

Iā€™m surprised @codinghorror hasnā€™t popped in to promote the Hyperspin method of cleaning and lubing.

5 Likes

Hyperspinā„¢ is the best method!!

2 Likes

How is this done?

1 Like

Try a search :wink:

1 Like
1 Like

Ah itā€™s the method that Throws n Brews uses. cool!

1 Like
1 Like

Hereā€™s the specifics from the link aboveā€¦

5 Likes

I appreciate the welcome and wealth of responses in this thread, @MoonageMin.

I think I will eventually make the purchase of an unresponsive metal. What made you go with VTWO?

Iā€™ve had recommendations to look at Kuntosh/Kuntosh 5000qv or Legendary Terrarian (though reviews say tilt is hard to manage).

2 Likes

I started writing a reply, and realised that this thread basically explains all. ^^
I made a thread asking for help and people responded.
In the end it came toa short list (Kuntosh/Kuntosh5KQV/Leg Terr included) and it came down to looks. :slight_smile:

[Edit] :
Oops forgot the link

2 Likes

This is awesome. I love step by step instructions, and I am also inherently lazy! It is exactly what I need.

2 Likes

This is super helpful, thank you.

Aside from the fact that you are LIGHTYEARS ahead of me in skill @MoonageMin, we are so similar in buying philosophy and aesthetic. Iā€™m a distinguished gentleman (old) with very little free time - when I pick up my yoyo to practice, I want to love it. I want the specs/performance to make my journey as easy as possible, and I want it to inspire me with its looks. If my kid thinks it looks cool too, then double bonus.

I have a feeling that I canā€™t really go wrong if Iā€™m looking at yoyos in the $70-$100 range. But knowing that the VTWO is a bit more recommended for beginners than say the Kuntosh or Legendary Terrarian is helpful.

But thanks to this thread, now Iā€™m looking at the Hummingbird. What is this bi-metal sorcery? And donā€™t get me started on that Overdrive Draupnir. A bit out of my league, but wow. Gorgeous.

2 Likes