Responsive Freehand tutorials

Hey y’all, I’ve been working on a new collaboration with the folks at Rain City Skill Toys. It’s a slimline responsive yo-yo called the “Pop Art” and it’s designed specifically for counterweight play. The yo-yo will be available on YoYoExpert this Thursday, July 9th.

To celebrate, I’ve started making a series of tutorials for responsive freehand play. The first two are up now and I’ll keep making them as long as y’all keep watching them.

[edit: the series is finished. Adding the rest here]

15 Likes

Keep 'em coming doc!!!:grin:

3 Likes

Heck yeah on the new release! Responsive freehand is next level fun

1 Like

I just added the rest of the series to this post. So all five episodes are listed. This is a great place to start learning the basics of responsive freehand.

6 Likes

You the man @DocPop!!!

I always enjoy you and your videos, you’re inspirational!
:gift_heart::sunglasses:

3 Likes

I just added the 6th tutorial to this playlist. The other tutorials are mostly for concepts, but this one is a full trick. Check it out here

5 Likes

7th tutorial in the Responsive Freehand series is up. This one is called Kashakas.

4 Likes

Back with another responsive counterweight tutorial. This one is a fun aerial maneuver called the Flirt Flip.

I’ve heard that this responsive 5A style looks very intimidating, but I hope more people give it a try. It’s really not that bad and you don’t need to already be good at 5A or modern responsive to get started.

7 Likes

Yo Doc many thank yous for these tutorials, super cool

3 Likes