Response pads

How do I know when to change my response pads for sure? Also my Yoyo just started responding! I know I’ve heard after you lube the bearing it could do this but I lubed it a day or two ago and played with it it was fine now all the sudden it’s wanting to be responsive! Any thoughts? Thanks!

3 Likes

Check if the pads are sticking out,if they are, shoved them back in. If they are damaged, replace.

3 Likes

If your binds are slippery then you probably need to change your response pads. How long have you been having your yoyo for? On average you need to change them every 90 days, but that depends on how much you play with your yoyo per day.

Yeah, check for “ragged out” look on the pads. I’d quickly swap both string and bearing before assuming it is the pads, unless you notice visible problems with the pads.

That said, if you have swapped string and bearing and still get weird binds… definitely go for the pad replacement.

2 Likes

I’ve had this Yoyo a few months and I play maybe 1hr to 2hrs a day

5 Likes

Change them pads man!

3 Likes

Yeah you need to change your response pads.

If it were me I’d clean the bearing again. Don’t lube it this time. Put it back in and see if the problem persists.

Worn out pads will generally cause the yoyo to be less responsive, not more.

My guess is it’s the bearing but maybe not. I’ve found it’s usually the bearing.

2 Likes

Clean it in alcohol?

I use mineral spirits. You can use lighter fluid or other things. I don’t think alcohol is good to use though if I remember correctly. Someone else know if alcohol is ok to use?

2 Likes

Actually lighter fluid is what I used before so I’ll use that again thanks. So clean it but don’t lube it after

I usually don’t change response pads until they fall out. is that bad?

That is correct.

Nope, if the yoyo works how you want it to, then you are fine.

1 Like