Requesting your thoughts on Onedrop string please

I’m gonna pick up some cheap string in bulk. Not sure if Onedrop string is any better than the stock yoyoexpert string in your opinion.

I imagine it’s just splitting hairs and similar quality, but I’m indecisive on everything. Any help is very much appreciated.

1 Like

I think it is great, but it is on the short side at 40-42”

3 Likes

It’s good and consistent at least but haven’t played YYE string. Alphaline is great when you can pick it up on discount and I’d personally favor that if not using markmont string.

The One Drop string from 2-3 years ago was better than the stuff from the last year. Not as bouncy.

2 Likes

To be honest I actually like the string but doesn’t hold tension super well. Its on the thinner side which I do like. It plays very well with ODs but in my opnion not the best option for all throws. At 14 bucks for a hundred, probavly one of the best cheap strings for value.

1 Like

Hot garbage. Snag some Original Throw, Kitty or Fist Salud strings and you’d be golden

4 Likes

^ Agreed. I love the hell out of one drop but their more budget string that they ship with all their yoyos is outdated. I find it’s cut too short for most people and it’s also quite thin, and it’s one of the few strings I found myself getting rope burn with. Original throw, kitty first class, alphaline, sochi co, etc. are all better.

2 Likes

Too short for me and they don’t hold tension that well in my opinion .

1 Like

I am a short dude so the length of the string never been an issue to me but I found the One drop strings quite average, soft (which is great), quite thin and last quite a while, as you are ordering from YYE I think maybe there are better options you can go with, I think I will not buy myself a bulk of them, on the One drop throw they play quite nice.

1 Like

Thank you, and everyone else in the thread.

I grabbed a one hundred count of the extra long yoyoexpert strings, and a 50 pack of monkey finger vines.

1 Like

I never have tried the YYE one but the Monkey finger vines phat (yellow colour) are absolutely my favourite! good catch!

2 Likes