Reptile owners?

Who knew @ReticNeil liked snakes!? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

If I can hijack and turn this into a reptile thread this is Artemis

5 Likes

Reptiles of all kind are welcome, I’ll change the title! What species is that?

Was his retic big? I’ve seen huge pictures of them!

Since we’re doing all reptiles, we just made a habitat for some snails* my eight year old found and took a liking to.

*Snails are definitely not reptiles.

3 Likes

Yeah it was huge. It took both of us to take it out of the cage and reticualted pythons have a tendancy to get more aggressive as they get older and bigger. His was difficult getting out of the cage but after about 5 minutes out of the cage it would settle down.

1 Like

Gargoyle gecko

1 Like

In the topic of reptiles - nothing is more amusing than when snakes and various lizards flick their tongues (otherwise known as a “blelele” in the snake owner world)…Found this video amusing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I feel like I need to use blelele more in my everyday life.

At a job interview…“And what would you say is one of your greatest strengths?” BLELELE!
So, where would you like to go to eat tonight? BLELELE!!
…“Sir, do you know why I’ve pulled you over today?” BLELELE!

:stuck_out_tongue: BLELELELE :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

So in these scenarios, are you flicking your tongue, or just saying the word “blelele”? Each seems similarly appropriate.

2 Likes

full on tongue! haha

1 Like

None of these scenarios would end positively. Humorously but not positively.

2 Likes

Two Rosy boas, sand boas, and this California kingsnake right here. :snake::heart::snake::heart::snake::heart:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFnIL4fB-IN/?igshid=4pspkiyz4mmz

3 Likes

Last few days I’ve caught 3 blind snakes. Still looking for something bigger.

1 Like

All of my reptiles are asleep or I would take pictures of a few others, ill try to get a couple pictures tonight when dinner time comes around for them

1 Like

Lol me again with not following the reptile theme! This was from rehousing day for Chidi (the curly haired tarantula) and one of Floyd after his first mouse and looking all bloated.

4 Likes

I love pacman frogs…so adorbs! lol

Never wanted a spider as a pet…though I kept a black widow I’d found for awhile, and I kept a couple of dubia roaches for about a year once. Them roaches were damn cute haha

1 Like

I keep Dubia, but I try to not view them as pets, makes it easier when they have to serve their purpose. I was a huge arachniphobe so I got my first tarantula to try to break my fear. Well it worked an now I have a slight obsession with them and have far too many!

3 Likes

I am horribly afraid of spiders. Can’t stand the critters! If I think about them for long enough I feel uneasy going to bed.

1 Like

The 2 (females) I kept were real docile and halfway tame. they didn’t fuss too much when I’d hold them.
I loved how they’d pop their heads in and out from under their shells haha…that and the way they’'d flick their antennas all over lol. Something comical and cute about it.

I never liked roaches but decided for whatever reason to bring a few babies home with me from a local pet store.
After deciding to consider them pets…as well as finding out they don’t bite (they can of course…but they don’t use biting as an offensive or defensive thing so it’s extremely rare)…the way I looked at them completely changed.
In the end I viewed them more like puppies and less like disgusting pests. I think a lot of people who own reptiles and creepy crawlies have gone through the same thing.

I’d like to get 3 or 4 hissing roaches at some point. I have the tank for it, I’d just need to invest in a safe heating source for them.

1 Like