Replay Pro setup when new

I recently got a Replay Pro and it is super slippery and won’t bind until the last second. Compared to every other metal or plastic non-responsive yoyo I’ve tried, this just doesn’t want to bind easily. I didn’t do anything to it other than take it out of the box and put the string on it. It has reddish response pads and I think the standard bearing they come with (I believe this shipped straight from YYF). Is that just the way these play or do I need to try some adjustments?

1 Like

It’s got a huge gap. It sounds like it’s set up as they are. If you have a thicker string maybe try it out for a more familiar feel

4 Likes

I honestly feel as if it’s one of my yoyos that have the best response. I run plutonium string.

4 Likes

I use a fatter string and the response is primo! Kitty XL is what I’ve had on it for a long time. Sounds like your yoyo is fine it’s just that wider gap requires more string in it to grab.

Wow, I didn’t even notice, but comparing it to the Wedge, the gaps look pretty similar, but the string that came with the Replay Pro is a lot skinnier. I’ll try a different string on it. Thanks!

1 Like

Ok, just changed the string to a regular polyester string and it’s binding pretty much like the Wedge. I’m new to modern yoyo in case that wasn’t obvious. Thanks again.

1 Like