Replay Pro or Wedge?

Should I get the relplay pro or the wedge?

3 Likes

Wedge, it feels more solid and powerful

3 Likes

They’re both great plastics. Pick whichever one looks cooler to you.

3 Likes

The wedge looks more powerful and stable.

2 Likes

Too many yoyos with only 2 - 10% (or less) difference in designs. I understand the differences can have an impact on the player. I never read the descrip. / specs on the Wedge before your post and now I really want one but I’m just gonna take vitamins and drink a lot of juice and fight the fever. I think it’s harder to just love and play with the yoyos you’ve got than resist the temptation to add to a stockpile. I love my Replay Pro. I have 2 of them.

3 Likes

Personally I prefer the Replay Pro, but they’re both great plastics.

3 Likes

You make a good point, if I had it my way, I would have all the yo-yos. I mean, part of this hobby is collecting, but sometimes the hype is just too much to handle. When I first started this hobby, I made it a point to get one of each main profile so that I could see for myself which shapes I like the best. Now that I know what my favorite shapes are, it’s a lot easier to resist hype of certain models.

I’ve got about 15 yo-yos in my collection right now, and it’s fun picking a different one to carry every day. They all have unique personalities on the string. A few grams, and a change in weight distribution, and material, and profile, and even string/response/bearing can really make a profoundly noticeable difference as far as feel goes. It’s a trip

3 Likes

Practically every yoyo is hyped as what everyone has been waiting for and It’s finally here but then I read reviews from non-pros (as opposed to pros and manufacturers) and get a different vibe (no pun intended). But someone new is getting into yoyoing every day and only has an Imperial and unlike me does not have a box and kitchen counter full of yoyos to pick up so it’s nice they have such a variety to choose from.

4 Likes

I prefer the Replay Pro. But that’s mostly because I’m just not into really wide chunky yoyos.

4 Likes

Get both, a Replay Pro for 5A/3A play and a wedge for your basic 1A play if your feeling like a big baller. I bought 2 replay pro just for 5A. 1st base is a pretty good alternative for either of the two. The Wedge is more a long the high rolling status because of the spin hub but still seems worth it. I think that style hub is perfect for finger spins. The horizon spin hub has me interested but I am just not that into H style yoyos.

I say the wedge

3 Likes

Yeah I do too

2 Likes

I prefer the Replay Pro but you can choose whatever you like.

2 Likes

I agree with some aforementioned points, there’s nothing wrong with chosing one & considering it superior, but I’d say that if your budget suits it, get both. I have both & they each have many differences & advantages & suit a different player. With both you can really determine which one gets the job done. Besides, it’s fun to have a ton of yoyos.

1 Like