Remnant2 bearing

hello everybody.
This isn’t really a review, but seemed this is the most appropriate place to ;post this.
I received my Remnant2 last week, really loving it.
decided to open up the bearing, and to my great surprise there were 10 balls in there.
I know they have a proprietary bearing element, but still researching.
anyone have any info on this?

I placed the photo of the bearing at the bottom of the unboxing vid at: http://sniffy-yo.blogspot.com/2011/05/styy-remnant-2-yoyo-video-unboxing.html

el emeno
p ??? ;D :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s probably a 10 ball terrapin. my quark and singularity both come stock with them. don’t clean it whatever you do because you’ll damage the terrapin coating. it should say this in the product description.

hi. thanks.
it’s definitely a terrapin. I wasn’t aware they were 10 ball though.
I’ve been looking for info on the coating, but came up, empty. any info source you might have a link to would be much appreciated.
thanks.
p
:smiley:

well, go to the modifications page and check the “how often do you need to lube your bearing” thread and I think you might see someone who knows…

Hi, I’m john from Terrapin X
Any questions just ask…

[quote=“fjh123,post:5,topic:26811”]
Hi, I’m john from Terrapin X
Any questions just ask…
[/quote

I got a few questions, first: where are terrapins directly sold?? I’ve not seen them on yoyo sites. Second, how long do the terrapins last typically? And lastly, will there be a concave type terrapins coming down the line??

Thx-

Try and Google them…

The inside of the bearing looks just like the inside of the BlitzFire. Is it concave too?

http://www.yoyoskills.com/?p=1952

10ball’s are One drop Yoyos trade mark for their bearings we used a bearing containing 10 balls just as a coincidence. The bearing manufacturer suggested a particular bearing they worked well and happened to contain 10 balls. I believe we will move away from our bearings containing 10 balls for a longer spinning bearing which is an 8 ball if I am not mistaken. We will still use John to Terrapin coat our bearings with his magic bearing sauce and I feel this will be a further step in offering a higher quality product.

So… when do you think this bearing change will take place?? And will it be throughout current models? Or upcoming unreleased models??

Thx-

It will probably be with new models and possible Bgrade products not yet in stores. The bearings have not yet been treated so they are not yet available anywhere. Canadian Nationals will have some of our new bearings un treated for a super good deal so if your going, check them out there. The terrapin treatment should only improve performance.

This is not really an answer :wink:

He did not answer me publicly due to certain protocol and out of respect for the site since they do not sell his bearings. But if you shoot him an email, I’m sure he’ll tell you what he told me. ;D

He did not answer me publicly due to certain protocol and out of respect for the site since they do not sell his bearings. But if you shoot him an email, I’m sure he’ll tell you what he told me. ;D
[/quote]
That’s it. Just a PM will do.