RecRev REVERBs-Old vs New: NOTICE :

I was SO excited about my recently obtained RecRev Reverbs, I went and ordered 2 more pairs the minute I found them restocked…

hmmph…

On the left is the Old version… on the right, the New…

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/320313_491820184166414_1891230533_n.jpg

WHY did they see fit to add 4-5 more grams to this?? Looping with 56-57 grams is seriously pushing it. I dont know why they made these changes… its wider, the diameter is smaller, and they added weight to it… All that said, the new version has noticeable better stability, which is nice… but dang… these things are HEAVY…and the extra weight is REALLY causing me problems.

Totally puts a damper on my initial enthusiasm for this yoyo… and i was all ready to defect my 2a to RecRev…sigh…

Not any more… Back to the drawing board, fellas!!!

Of course, I may just stink enough at 2a to not be able to handle these… but I can tandem and alternate loop to tension limits, at speed, so I think Im doing JUST fine. Also I am gonna play with some setups and get them broken in before I totally give up on them…

But Im really bummed out…

As of earlier today, the specs on the YYE Reverb sales page had not been updated from the Old version; Ive already let them know that we need the newer specs on these. YYE notified me that RecRev has a history of being slow to update on new specs. I figured I should post this, so that everyone is aware of the differences if they are looking at Reverbs in the future on BSTs.

They still look sexy as hell, though… Ill give them that.