Recommended "Best" Undersized Yo-Yo 2018?

Negative, and affirmative?

From how I understand it they are experimental designs. One and done run type deals.

The CF003 is oh so so good. But Jake is sticking to the Case File series’ plan of “one run and done, no mas.”

2 Likes

Anyone have thoughts or experience with the Throw Cafe Espresso?

1 Like

DotE1NS is a new bimetal from ILYY

Linky

Remember ‘best’ is always subjective

1 Like

I vote Crucible followed by Siren v2 – I really don’t go much smaller than those two, but they’re both great. Siren is a very solid throw and the Crucible is… amazing. I’m not sure the Crucible has any right spinning as well as it does at that weight, but I’m not complaining. Kudos to Smashing on that release.

EDIT: So the Crucible is ~54mm, so it may be too big to include here.

Well yeah and siren is 53mm diameter so very much on the edge of the “throwback” category of 50-53mm :wink:

1 Like

Yeaaaah true. I guess you can see where I stand on the “undersized” category haha.

Well, @batracTheLooper doesn’t consider anything 50mm or over undersized at all, so… ask him about it :wink:

Personally I am willing to say 50-53mm is “throwback” undersized style 2003-2008-ish, but above that it’s definitely just a regular yo-yo :grimacing:

Yeah, I trust whatever @batracTheLooper says re: undersized haha. I’ve ready many of their posts and replies ranking undersized throws over the past year or so

Just picked one up based on your recommendation, and Wow! you weren’t kidding. Love the way this thing plays. It also feels great, and the ten year anniversary black edition is pretty cool as well.

1 Like

I edited the first post to include @batracTheLooper’s 2018 update!

Spoiler: Zeekio Vali 2 makes his top 3!

Bear in mind all Zeekios are rebranded Yoyoempire, so this is exactly equivalent to the Yoyoempire Cloudfly II.

66% Shutter, Slepnir and the C3 Token

1 Like

Hey I’d like to know if the yoyofreaks mono is still for sale please get back soon and thank you.

1 Like

This store never had the yoyofreaks mono for sale. It’s sold out on the store it was available on.

2 Likes

They did however just restock the Photon which is an excellent undersized (Batrac never reviewed this one, I don’t think. Oh wait, he did but said it was borderline “too big” for an undersized. Agree to disagree!!)

Wow LOL aqua with orange rims is sold out already? Y’all have some weeeiiiird color tastes :rofl:

4 Likes

Oh and how could I forget! B-grade popstars!

1 Like

I really like my b-grade popstar…only the one I got was INSANELY difficult to unscrew (the bearing was SUPER tightly stuck in both halves) and now I can’t screw it back in 100%…so it still plays, but it’s a tiny bit out of balance and vibes like mad. I’d be tempted to pick up another because I like it so much, but I’m afraid the next will just be the same.

GenXs is really nice, but I’m a Genesis fanboy.

2 Likes

I just got a B grade Genesis, not sure why its a B it looks and plays flawless. I have to agree its a great yoyo.

I know this is old, but the level of detail in the OP of this thread has been really helpful in finding a great pocket yoyo. I’ve looked in a lot of places for the top 2, Mini-Star 2 and PopStar, and neither seem possible to buy.

Ultimately I found the Zeekio Vali 2, it is still available and it is a good small size. Got it and threw it for a while before realizing that the bearing has a flat surface. I’m way too new at this whole thing to use a flat bearing, so I returned to this thread and the level of deatil in the OP served me well. I bought a Konkave D bearing, put it in the Vali 2, and now it’s awesome.

That’s all to say that this post is great. I have it bookmarked as a way to easily get a sense of how big any yoyo I’m looking at is going to be.

Also, if you’re looking for a solid and inexpensive pocket throw, get the Vali 2 and swap out the stock bearing for a Konkave D bearing (https://shop.yoyoexpert.com/products/konkave-yoyo-bearing). For a mid-sized yoyo, the photon is also really fun to throw.

2 Likes

Also late to the party…

I highly recommend the YoyoEmpire Little Fox 2 - diameter is a hair over 52mm, bi-metal with gorgeous rainbow coloured stainless steel rings, plays fantastically well. I bought one for my daughter last summer, but I kept pinching it to play with it myself, so ended up getting another.

Sinister Yoyos did a comparison on his YT channel between the MYY N8, Recess Snack, TopYo Photon and the Little Fox 2. The Little Fox won :slight_smile:

The biggest plus point - it’s around $30! Not available on YYE but can be found on a well known chinese website.

1 Like