Best Undersized yoyo of 2020 that costs under $80?

What is the best undersized throw under 80$ right now?

1 Like

I have a One Drop Clique, its a chill throw. Nothing amazing but small and works well.

66Percent Edge Beyond is most peopleā€™s choice for a small powerful throw.

Under $80 and you are looking at a Kun. Great small throw and comes in lots of different metals. Not a powerhouse but incredibly small. More micro then undersized but lots of people enjoy them.

4 Likes

I love my 2Evil by MKFD. Not sure if itā€™s small enough but i think it is undersized

1 Like

Well, since this is a hotly debated topic in the yoyo community, could you define what ā€œbestā€ means to you? Best over-all deal? Best for competition type throwing? Best for a beginner? etcā€¦

2 Likes

what are we defining as undersized too, to add on to what @smileypants707 said? the clique is a mini by some standards, ut an undersized by the other gentlemans

1 Like

Also, are you looking for the yoyo to be smaller in all demensions, or for a pocket yoyo which focuses on being thinner?

i love my copper sudo, i think itā€™s an awesome unique small yoyo

4 Likes

Heist from YYF iis also pretty awesome but that is tiny. Takes some patience but u can actually do a lot of 1a tricks with it.

This answer has not really changed from the previous topicā€¦ not like the entire yo-yo world radically transmogrifies from year to yearā€¦

(some availability of models may be less tho)

1 Like

Hereā€™s a review of all (or most) of the mini yoyos from last year:

6 Likes

Ah yes good olā€™ @batracTheLooper :bowing_man:

1 Like

The photon is actually available and I really enjoy mine. Itā€™s just under 50mm and has plenty of power and stability, its a bit wide to carry in your pants pocket. Iā€™ve been carrying mine in my coat pocket and its been a great every day carry. Itā€™s a real bargain.

2 Likes

How undersized are we going here? The YYF Skyline is a good one sitting right at that 50mm mark.

Kicking up the price quite a bit, the Turning Point Diamond Virgin is an amazing little powerhouse. Comfortable in the hand, small and nimble and rather powerful.

3 Likes

Strongly related: could you define what ā€œundersizedā€ means?

At least we have a price and a year!

2 Likes

Ah, I neglected to define some things. Undersized to me is anything between 35-52mm. Anything smaller Iā€™d consider a ā€˜miniā€™ size. As for what Iā€™m looking for in a Yoyo, Iā€™d prefer something not crazy competition oriented, just a fun Yoyo to mess around with.

3 Likes

YoyoFactory Skyline. Undersized at 50mm. Pricing and performance canā€™t be beat.

4 Likes

The Yelets fits that description pretty well. Iā€™d buy a 2nd Dietz if they ran it again.

4 Likes

Any opinions on the recess snack?

3 Likes

its awesome, I personally dont have one but I have played with one and its so much fun

^ Youā€™re saying 54mm is undersized? :roll_eyes:

1 Like