Best Undersized yoyo of 2020 that costs under $80?

Does this include fixed axel throws?

Not opposed to them!

Anyone with experience with either the Executive or the Masamini? Those are 2 little minis Iā€™d love to pick up at some point.
I wonder how hard itā€™ll be to hunt down a green Executive.

2 Likes

Both are a lot of fun! Iā€™m a sucker for mini yoyos so naturally I had to get these both.

For the Executive being somewhat ā€œslimā€ it remains pretty stable. Similar to if you have ever played a One Drop Dingo, except a little lighter.

Masamini has a solid presence on the string but is pretty powerful for its size. Can definitely feel those thick steel rings!

1 Like

yoyoempire cloud fly is tiny but plays like a normal yoyo

1 Like

At this point for me itā€™s a debate between the Photon and the Snackā€¦

1 Like

i had a snack. itā€™s fun, but it can feel heavy on the string. you may be able to compensate for that with adjusting the string length; that wasnā€™t for me. it has a nice wide catch zone, and in my experience was good for what it was - a smaller throw to tool around with and keep in my pocket. i did keep it around for a while.

i like the one drop m1 better, but itā€™s like twice the priceā€¦

2 Likes

All the undersized one drops are so good and so fun, the y-factor, m1, cafe racer, dingo, dietz, the projects, they all are great. 50mm or less was kind of one dropā€™s thing for a while, Itā€™s really too bad they donā€™t make them anymore. One of these dayā€™s Iā€™ll have to try the clique.

Another really great one that is so hard to find is the ILYY dotE1NS (45.6mm x37.3mm), a beautiful little organic bimetal. I looked a long time for mine, and I fear losing it or damaging it so I wonā€™t pocket it. A shame really.

2 Likes

It is the best undersized yoyo Iā€™ve tried so far in terms of performance under the specifications you listed. It feels like a full sized yoyo in terms of stability, and can easily do every trick I know, even horizontal.

1 Like

Sorry Iā€™m a bit late to the party, but I have a couple of suggestions. Both are bi-metals, and just a hair over 52mm in diameter:

Duncan Exit 8 - $75 on YYE and a fantastic performer, one of my favourites. Dylan Kowalski reviewed it on YT.

YoyoEmpire Little Fox 2 - about $30 on a well known chinese website. Plays way above its price range and looks gorgeous with the rainbow coloured steel rings. Sinister Yoyo compared it to the Recess Snack, MYY N8 and Topyo Photon on his YT channel - the Little Fox was the winner :slight_smile: