Recessing Duncan Diversion

Hi, I attempted to silicone the diversion using red RTV as I will not be able to obtain pads for some time, is it a good idea to sili recess the diversion? Are the walls thick enough or should i refrain from doing anything?

Thanks

Just add the silicone. Nothing els is needed. There should be plenty of room.

And smoothen it out with a credit card or old gift card after you apply it for a smooth finish, then wipe excess off.

I have tried that, but the silicone does not hold and comes off after a dozen of throws.

Then it’s either to low or you are filling it up to much.

I guess i’ll give it another shot and report my finds

dude, the Duncan diversion only takes silicone stickers. dont even bother trying to silicone it, the recess is too shallow…

Buy some duncan silicone stickers, thats all you can do.

2 Likes

The walls are too thin to recess any more. Pads are inexpensive. Stick with those.

2 Likes

So my options would be to use thin difs or duncan silicone stickers? Both are pretty hard to find here.

You could learn to make your own Baz/Chaz Pads, in any size you want, out of Plasti-Dip. If you’re curious, search “making baz pads” on Google. Otherwise, you’d just have to order them from any store.

Wow…sounds challenging, don’t know if i can even obtain the plasti-dip here, they should be available at hardware stores/car parts shop right? And which can last longer, the Duncan sili pads or the dif pads?

I like silicone pads.

Dif-Pads are 2 bucks a pair

Thats not expensive at all

The are not readily available in my country, otherwise i would have got them already. I guess i should try making baz pads :smiley:

[quote=“hebooz,post:13,topic:59096”]
The are not readily available in my country, otherwise i would have got them already. I guess i should try making baz pads :smiley:
[/quote
yo, try to contact a duncan team member, I.E. Brandon Jackson, and ask if they have any silicone stickers you could buy since there arent any around where you are. Odds are, they will be more than happy to help.

1 Like

Fixed Nemyo. Forgot your ]

Yoyoexpert ships all over the world.

And for a pair of Pads, shipping can’t be too expensive.

I’m afraid so, the cheapest shipping via FedEx Priority is $36.65.

Wow, really?

Let me look around and see if I can find you a cheaper place to buy from.

Your help is very much appreciated :smiley:

Try getting a Duncan that is already recessed,Raptor,Echo,Metropolis. All are great throws for a decent price.