really sad day! but thanks to Andre it turned out decent.

I agree it does seem like it was intentional, and i am thankful that Andre got me taken care of, but i think he did it because he is an upstanding guy and not because he had to.

i will be posting a video and a major review once the box arrives :slight_smile:

and again i just cant say how thankful i am for awesome people like Andre, he will get 95% of my yoyo funds the rest will go to General-yo unless i can pick up what im after from Andre then he will get that cut too!

oh iā€™ve got a call into the post master and i will be going to visit the post master if i dont hear from him tomorrow by lunch time. and i will give them a piece of my mind no doubt about that!

I owned a retail shipping business for a while back in the '90s. I would ship priority mail with tracking, and ā€œself insuredā€ by replacing any lost or damaged merchandise, just like Andre did here. It was cheaper to replace it myself than pay for insurance, because problems happen so infrequently. It is part of the cost of doing business, and Andre clearly cares about his reputation, and in providing great customer service.

Well done YYE!

1 Like

Priority only includes $50 insurance. But, it is definitely better than nothing.

Insurance costs extra. USPS isnā€™t actually under any obligation to cover the losses. However, I feel this was done by a postal worker and this is actually a form of mail theft(a felony), and as such, USPS would be accountable for it if my assumption can be proven.

Good advice. In my case, it actually can get somewhere. I had over $30K in checks stolen and mail was always delayed 3-5 days and lots of stuff was delivered in rather sad shape. I was never compensated for these losses. I think the postal abuse was part of a larger cover-up by the local route carrier. Once that person went away, I havenā€™t had any issues. The current carrier has been nothing short of excellent and there havenā€™t been any problems in YEARS. Well, not true. There was a box that was somewhat damaged a few weeks ago. I forget what it was exactly, but it was yoyo related and everything was in the package. It did have a similar sticker on it. A crushing/tear type damage is more expected.

Just be calm and reasonable on such calls. It gets nasty one as package gets opened. I think they experts on snot, spit, glue, tape, adhesives and cardboard. Itā€™s literally ā€œOK, this package is damaged. I think we need to open it together so we can mutually witness thisā€.

Not to distract, but I had to follow a package from the mailbox, to the shipping box being opened, to the contents being unpacked, to the unit being unboxed and plugged into my computer and then tested using a one-shot/no edit POV with ā€œnarrationā€. This was necessary because at the time, a Korg device had high fail rates. I had 4 in a row sent to me defective and I wanted them to see that I wasnā€™t abusing anything, these were in-box failures.

Dealing with the post office isnā€™t a lot of fun. They do a lot of CYA, you gotta out-CYA them.

Andre is an awesome guy! and he has surely won a customer for life! i canā€™t say it enough that he impressed me and took great care of the bad situation and everyone i know will be hearing about it and those that throw or are looking to will get my vote for shopping at YoYoE.

Can you take more pictures of box? Iā€™d like to see more of these ā€˜damagesā€™ that would require them to open up the box.

the box wasnt really damaged it was popped open and taped shut they popped the front open and it was held in place with tape and the sides were taped. that is why i am of the opinion it was intentional since there were no accidental damages.

If this happened to me, it wouldnā€™t be pretty.

They totally did it on purpose. I returned a cd changer for a car and it was damaged en route going back to itsā€™ owner. The cd changer didnā€™t work anymore, I didnā€™t get refunded, but at least everything that was in the box stayed in the box. Aww man Iā€™m getting so angry just thinking about this. Why would someone steal someone elseā€™s mail? Itā€™s so messed up and itā€™s just invading our privacy.

What if the person who stole your stuff was a member on this forum? What if theyā€™re reading this thread right now and laughing?

What if the stuff was lost in transit? If the box was opened while it was being moved there is a possibility that the yoyo and all the other stuff fell out. It kind of makes sense that the heavy stuff fell out and the light stuff stayed in. However, this last one isnā€™t very likely. Priority boxes are ridiculously difficult to open. Theyā€™re made in a way that itā€™ll only open if you really want to get inside the box. Itā€™s highly unlikely that one of the ends just ā€˜poppedā€™ open.

Butā€¦ How can someone get a hold of your package who doesnā€™t work at USPS and such? Did the actual workers steal your throws?

ā€¦not really, though. Itā€™s not like the insurance option is a secret. The basic service is delivery of the package. That happened. Itā€™s why theyā€™ll even deliver empty, stamped envelopes that are broken into. You paid for it to be delivered.

If you want to have insurance on the contents of the package, thatā€™s another service you have to buy. Not that I like seeing people not get their stuff, of course. Itā€™s just not really the ā€œfaultā€ of USPS as an organization if you turned down the option to have insurance.

And anyway, YYEā€™s customer service is the best of any store on the web. Itā€™s just that simple. It canā€™t possibly get better. Great to hear itā€™s taken care of. Always has been for me.

the problem is that all the stuff didnā€™t fall out, someone took great care to put the CLYW sticker pack, and a kitty string sticker and a YYSL sticker and my invoice and awesome picture that was hand drawn back in the box with nothing else.

three (two YYF ONEs with center trac bearings with each, and a dragon slayer Chik) throws went missing, a bottle of monkeyfinger lube, a YYF bearing tool, and 3 packs of strings, and general-yo pads (2 sets of thick textured and 1 set of thick smooth), and 2 sets of one drop pads.

like i said out of all that everything but the YYSL, kitty , and CLYW sticker packs went missing with my invoice set nicely on top :confused:

it isnt likely that the throws just happened to get beamed up to the starship enterprise. It still makes me sad and sick to my stomach thinking about it and iā€™m really dreading my talk with the post master tomorrow i hope i can stay calm and keep my cool.

to answer your question with a question why does anyone steal anything? there are a few reasons but it all boils down to honesty. i dont like dishonest people but it is great to see that there are still honest people in the world. Andre is a class act and if he and his family ever make it to colorado we have a place at our table and a welcome sign on our door for them!

It seems like a usps worker stealing his stuff is the most plausible answer. However, the sticker that was put on his box doesnā€™t look legitimate. I have a photo that partially shows a legitimate apology, but I canā€™t save it and upload it. The sticker looks like anybody with a printer and a laptop could make. I could probably make it right now if I wanted to.

Letā€™s just stop right there. The post office itself probably printed off a sheet of those stickers, and probably on a laser printer using MS Word. So the fact that it doesnā€™t look as ā€œofficialā€ as you might like doesnā€™t mean we have any reason to cast doubt on this story.

Good on Andre (I gotta learn the keyboard shortcode for the accented ā€œEā€) for taking care of this. Heā€™s a top-notch guy.

3 Likes

that is my guess. as it went from YoYoExpert to the post office then from the east to colorado and somewhere along the way someone put their hands on it and then to my mailbox that is locked, where i found it with the opened/damaged sticker on it but no visible damage to the box but nothing inside, so either Andre sent it that way (i highly doubt it as he is running a business and is an honest guy) or someone along the way at the PO found themselves some new throws. as the very moment i opened it there was nothing but stickers in my box with the invoice.

you do the math. it all adds up to horrible and makes little to no sense to me.

well i dont see how anyone could have printed it unless it was delivered to someone else first then made it back to me. it went from YoYoE through the shipping route and hubs to my local post office then to the locked box where i picked it up and found it empty of everything but stickers and invoice. i called Andre before i even opened it knowing there was an issue, that is when i asked Andre if he wanted me to record opening the box up to that point i hadnt touched it other then to bring it in the house, he said no and asked me to open it and explain what was in the box and to take some photos of the box and the contents and send them to him, which i did.

Andre certainly is an awesome guy and i really appreciate the fact that he went out of his way to fix the issue for me!

i will surely be banging on the post masters door tomorrow if i donā€™t hear back from him by lunch time.

Haha, what if you see one of the workers at the post office throwing a new Chik?

Heh heh.

This is why I do business with YYE. The store could have easily said that it is the post officeā€™s problem. Instead they made the situation right at their own expense.

1 Like