REALLY NEED HELP!!! URGENTT!!!!

I can’t decide what to get?!?!?!1 A Genesis or a Cliff! I won’t post any preferences to help with the decision either.

What’s good and bad about both? Which spins the longest? Which ones does the most tricks?

===========================================================

I see this (or variations of this) all too often - someone clamoring over which yoyo they should get next. And rarely do they provide any substantial info for us to help them make an informed choice.

Soooooo…

If you’re looking to buy a new yoyo, here’s a little checklist of things you should do before asking the kind people of YYE:

1. Know what you’re looking for. Do you prefer undersized yoyos? Heavier yoyos? Really wide yoyos? Or maybe you’re just looking to throw something new. Hey, nothing wrong with that.

2. What’s your budget?

3. Search YYE for reviews of your potential purchases to help sway your decision. People on this forum have taken valuable time out of their busy day to write some very nice reviews of popular yoyos - utilize this.

4. Never, under any circumstances, ask “which yoyo is better”. It’s probably one of the most asked questions on this forum and the answer is always a resounding “there is no best”. It’s all preference.

Four easy steps! Not only does it save the people of this fine forum time from having to constantly repeat “yes, the DV888 is a good beginner model”, but it also can save YOU time. You don’t have to wade through hundreds of comments about a certain yoyo being ‘floaty’ or not to find the info you’re looking for nor do you have to wait for someone to reply to your thread.

For the most part, regard posting in the ‘Looking for Help/Recommendation’ thread as a last resort. Though I don’t wish to discourage posting. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Users here are always eager to help.

2 Likes

Oh man, when I read that first line, I was like, what happened to Links?! LOL

2 Likes

Thanks for doing this!

Me, too!

Same.

haha This should be stickied. For real.

You can get two genesis for the price of a cliff.

Genesis is just as stable as the cliff

Cliff has way cooler colors

Genesis Is a lot more versatile. Ie. 5a

Cliff is huge!

I would give it to the genesis. I have 2 and wouldn’t mind giving one up:)

Like how I put a plug in during my comparison? :wink:

Lol did u read the whole post? Or is this a joke?

1 Like

Glad I could fool you all 8)

Aaaand I just realized I basically remade this thread:
http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,55587.0.html

If a mod that sees this would merge them or something, that’d be much obliged.

This should be stickied.