Really Loud

Hey guys i need some help I have a PGM v.2 and a protostar and they are both really loud is there anything i can do to quiet them?

Put a drop of lube in the bearing :wink:

Nah, just put your headphones on. :stuck_out_tongue:

Clean the bearings then thin lube them

1 Like

I would use a drop of THIN lube. Thick makes it responsive.

If it is loud, then it probably means the bearing is dirty and needs to be cleaned. I’m not sure if lube helps, but you might as well try it too. If you don’t know how to clean a bearing you should notify me or this topic.

Yeah, dry bearings are loud (And for some reason slowly seem to get louder the longer you’ve had them :stuck_out_tongue: ).

But fear not, there is hope! All you have to do is clean your bearing and put some thin lube in it after your done. However, only put the smallest possible amount of lube in it. The Bearing will quiet down, but it will also slow down just a small bit. The Yo-yo will probably get a bit more responsive too. Still, this will go away quickly. And then after around week (Maybe more. It really depends on how often you play) the bearing will get loud again…and slowly it will get louder and louder until it’s practically dry again. When that happens, put more lube in :wink:

Lather, rinse, and repeat Lol.

Louder and louder? My dry bearings have been running for like, 4 months, no clean. Super quiet with twelve second flick… I mean don’t the balls and the inner race become more even over time?? ???

Well, not all dry bearings will slowly get louder (I think). Different brands’ bearings will last for different amounts of time and how loud they are is unpredictable :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, if your bearing gets super loud you need to either clean it or lube it or both.

tiny bit of chapstick in the bearing works.

Or you can yoyo with music on.

yeahhh, guesso. Its probably the way i treat my bearings. (brainlube+thinlube)

DONNT USE BRAIN LUBE

brain+thin=medium viscosity

Ok, wow, listen both of the yoyos you mentioned come with CenterTrac bearings, these come completely dry, thus they are louder than many other yoyos, if you add lube to them, regardless of the viscosity (thick, thin, or otherwise) the bearing will become responsive, not forever, but they will gain a level of responsiveness because there is lube/gunk/whatever in between the balls inside of the bearing which will impede their movement. If you leave the bearing alone and dry it will wear itself in, the balls will wear evenly, they will be louder but who really cares, are you trying to throw silent like a ninja? Why does it matter if the bearing is loud or quiet so long as it performs properly? If the bearing has a notable catch in it or it does not spin at all or properly, THEN clean it and if you absolutely have to, lube it. I have NEVER lubed any of my bearings and they all work perfectly fine. The truth of the matter is, the more you mess with your bearings, the more of a chance that they will get screwed up, simple as that, so if your equipment is working fine don’t try to fix something that isn’t broken. /endrant

^
Well, I kinda like loud bearings, but its really noticeable in empty rooms/ when you are trying to keep low prof in public.

how can you judge brain lube like that? Brain lube is silicon based, so it creates a low friction surface with the steel. I only use a small needle drop anyways. Try it, its my simple substitution for hspin bearings.