ratings

you should have 1 to 5 star ratings for every yoyo

It would be best to have a whole “rating” system in place, where users can choose to put a mini review in or not, and it would have to be voted on by the users who choose to vote on it.

I’m not sure the rest of the mechanics of it though. I’ve never had to retrofit a ratings system to an existing site. Well, let me further refine that: I’ve never bothered to install a ratings system CGI.

Personally I don’t think it would help much. I can tell someone what I like but that doesn’t mean anything to anyone until they play the yo. I know that there a few yoyos that everyone raves about that I just don’t feel any love for, at all!

Discovering your preferences is one of the best things about yoyoing. People should trust themselves a little more and count on others to make decisions for them a little less. If you decide on a yoyo and it works for you, you learn a great deal about yourself. If it doesn’t work out for you, you learn a lot about yourself. It’s a win either way. Oh… and before somebody says " I don’t want to drop all that money on something and not like it," consider if that’s your situation, maybe you should look at some cheaper yoyos. There’s so much that’s so good right now!

Oh, don’t forget the bst!

Others may see it differently, and that’s chill, but I thought I’d share my perspective.

One last thought: Time=Money Therefore, if more time is spent developing and managing the site, someone is going to get paid to do that. That takes money. Where would the money come from? Us.

2 Likes

Ratings are entirely subjective. Give a yoyo to 10 different people and you’re likely to get 20 different opinions. What works for me may not work for you, and somebody else will be somewhere in between.

True, but they can fix that. Most websites have a star rating as well as you can right your own review. People could just explain why something is good to them, like maybe they say it is good for them becasue they are fast players, but it is not a good yoyo for being slow and smooth.

And that is precisely what the review section of the forums is for. Incorporating that into the store website is not feasible for a number of reasons. For one it would open the store to unnecessary criticism of endorsing a product over another, as well as people saying “You said this yoyo was great and it really sucks. I want my money back.”

1 Like

Touche. But this is indeed correct, and will create problems and useless work on the site.