random thoughts on MVP

First off, I didn’t like the color I ordered and yoyoexpert.com was amazingly easy to deal with. They swapped me colors quickly and with no problems. I definitely have a preference for buying here now.

I’m just going to compare the MVP to the Superstar since that is probably the main comparison to make and was my main concern when making a purchase.

Good stuff:

weight distribution - I like the weight distribution better on the MVP than the Superstar. The MVP ‘feels’ a touch lighter and better balanced because weight is focused on the rims.

stability - The MVP is even more stable than the Superstar, again due to the greater rim weight, and for me this makes doing tricks easier.

sleep time - The focused rim weight definitely makes the MVP sleep longer on an average throw. Without increasing my throw strength, I’m getting more tricks in. (I’m lazy, I don’t like to put alot of effort into my throws)

Bad stuff:

grinds - Honestly, my non-beadblasted Superstar doesn’t grind well and the MVP grinds even worse than that. You can sort of get a grind by placing your finger perfectly in the gap and not touching the sides. Other than that, you’re pretty much walking the dog up your arm.

Good/Bad stuff:

centertrac bearing - On the good side, you’re getting a bearing that keeps the string centered included in your purchase price. On the bad side, the centertrac seems a little more cheaply made than the konkave. I’ve put in thin lube and it still sounds like there’s loose change rattling around inside my yo-yo.

Concluding thoughts:

I think I like the MVP a little more than the Superstar. You lose grinding that wasn’t good to start with and hubstacks I personally never used and you gain increased stability and sleep time. MVP passes my personal yo-yo test: making it easier to do the tricks I know how to do. Ultimately, it probably comes down to preferences. I could definitely see someone saying they still prefer the Superstar.

if you ever get the chance you should try Hspins new NVx i recently got one. and i have played both the superstar and MVP. compared to the MVP its design just feels smoother in the hand and more confortable. and this is so smooth. im just saying this if you like the MVP and superstar i bet you would love the NVx. good review by the way.

I have also had (have MVP and NVx and had a Superstar) all three of these yo-yos. I would have to agree that the NVx feels the most comfortable in the hand, followed closely by the Superstar. I wouldn’t say the MVP is more rim weighted than the Superstar. It is also rim weighted and spins just as long. I also love all 3 and they are all probably in my top 5.

And great impression/review.