Width - 40.21
Diameter - 56.38
Gap Width - 5.00
Bearing Size - .250 in x .500 in x .187 in
Gap Type - Fixed
Stock Response System - YoYoFactory Silicone Pad

http://sklep.yoyofactory.pl/45-250-thickbox/yoyofactory-mvp.jpg
http://activeshop.ro/2251-5770-thickbox/yoyofactory-mvp-yo-yo.jpg

YoyoFactory MVP… where to begin. In my opinion, it’s one of YYF’s better yoyos. It’s fairly expensive ($110) and pretty heavy. Since fast play is popular, heavy yoyos normally aren’t a first choice. The price pushes people away too since you can get a Protostar and Northstar for a third of the price. This yoyo looks much nicer when you receive it than it does in the pictures you see online. As soon as the box opens, you’ll be afraid to even hold this yoyo above concrete.

Weight
67.6 grams is a lot of weight to be throwing. But… high amount of weight calls for long spin times. A lot of rim weight calls for even longer spin times. When it comes to spin times, the MVP leaves my 888s, Protostar, and Wide Sport in the dust. My Peak has a hard time keeping up with it. After a bit of adjusting, the MVP can play plenty fast. I wouldn’t push this yoyo aside just because I like to play fast. It can handle fast play with no problems at all. A downside to the heavy weight… this yoyo hurts a lot if it smashes into your knuckles.

Balance
The MVP has a lot of rim weight so it has very good balance and is easy to control. Speed and Horizontal play are no problem at all. It just takes a little getting used to.

Play
Very very very smooth. Not the type of floaty feel that leaves you wondering if your yoyo is actually touching the string or not, but it’s completely vibe free and still has some floaty feel too it. It can play fast or slow, whatever your style is. Tight binds but not tight enough to snag are always a plus too. I have trouble putting this yoyo down once I’ve picked it up.

Feel
Nothing short of perfection. Feel is completely opinion, but I prefer the feel over every yoyo I have. After only playing my MVP for a few days, I picked up my protostar and couldnt stand it. Since it’s a sort of V-shape, you can easily fit your finger into the gap and never hit the sides when binding. I thought the my Protostar had a great feel when holding it until I bought the MVP. It feels comfortable when it comes back into your hand too.

Response
As stated above in the stats, it uses YYF Silicone Pads. It comes unresponsive and pretty much stays that way no matter what. I’ve tried using a very responsive bearing in it, but it stayed unresponsive. It still has tight binds though.

Overall, it’s one of YYF’s best yoyos. After a few hours of use, it’s hard to even think about switching to another yoyo. Whether you play fast or slow, it’s a must for every players’ collection.

If I left anything out or you want anything added, just leave it in a reply below and I’ll edit it in.

I’d have to agree. The MVP is an amazing yoyo. My favorite YYF so far.

i really like it its harder to throw than most yoyos i think cause of its shape but once you get used to it the shape has alot of advantages i think

Nice review for sure! I think also it’s important to mention that it’s much more comfortable to hold and catch than it appears. The raised flat rims don’t hit your palm nearly as sharply as it seems like they would - I myself was very impressed.

Nice write up. I may put one on my wish list.

Nice review, but the only thing I wouldn’t say is that it isn’t one of their “Best” yoyos, in fact, I hate it. I would throw a Firedog over that, so you just have to be open to other people’s opinions. There’s no best yoyo. Just your opinion. But great review otherwise.