Random Edge Infinity Vibe

I’ve had an Edge Infinity for a while now and it’s always been smooth as pudding (for a bimetal). Then, just the other day, I picked it up and it had some wild, uncontrollable pulsing vibe. I’ve heard this can happen with some bimetals, but is there a way to fix it. It’s been a favorite throw of mine and I’d hate for it to randomly lose its cool on me. I generally don’t mind a lil vibe here or there. This is some serious, hand-vibrating vibe, though.

so you put it down smooth, and picked it up vibey?

1 Like

Correct

1 Like

is there any chance at all someone dropped it? i dropped my banshee ss about a foot and it went from smooth as silk to a lil bit of nail vibe (picked it up off my shelf and it fell onto my desk lol)

The only thing that might have happened is that I placed it down too hard on my nightstand. I live with my little brother and we don’t ever touch each other’s stuff.
It’s now got more vibe than some of my really beat-up throws. Checked the rims and everywhere for any sign of damage. None found.

1 Like

if that really is what happened i’ve got nothing for you my friend. for what its worth my banshee ss shows NO signs of damage, but is no longer dead smooth. a tiny misalignment of the rims can cause vibe.

have you tried normal vibe tuning stuff?

1 Like

Not sure what all “normal vibe tuning” entails, but all I’ve really done is changed out the bearing and screamed at it a little. No luck, unfortunately.

1 Like

Try cleaning the bearing.

Try changing the axel if cleaning or changing the bearing doesn’t help

If screaming at it didnt work, did you try asking nicely?

2 Likes

Asked it nicely, caressed it softly, sang it little lullabies, the works. I also changed the axle, which actually helped a little, but there’s still a TON of vibe that wasn’t there before.

if changing the axle and cleaning the bearing doesn’t work, it must be the ss rims has shifted a bit from the alloy body and caused vibe. In order to push back the ss rims try this method, I’ve done this for my bi metals and it spins smooth right now.

3 Likes

That’s fantastic! Thank you.

Do you happen to know of any substitutes for that tool he uses to fix the rims that wouldn’t damage the yoyo?

1 Like

I don’t have any idea what tools that can use as a substitute but in this video is a PVC pipe fitting (male & female adapter), you can find these on your local hardware store on the plumbing section maybe for under a buck and its the safest option that you can use. Before you buy bring your edge yoyo as a reference to measure the diameter of the PVC pipe fitting for your ss rim and you may proceed to do the tuning method, just follow those steps from the video carefully to avoid any possible damages to your yoyo and your good to go.

1 Like

I think you can keep the yoyo halves together and place them on a flat surface and place a piece of fabric over the top of the yoyo to protect the yoyo from scratches. Then place a flat, rigid block, like a wooden block or plank or something similar and hit the block with the hammer. You’d want to make sure you hit the block where the centre of the yoyo is though as hitting too far off to the side of the yoyo may cause the axle to bend and deform.

2 Likes

I would also say check your pads, the pads can come out a little bit and make your yoyo vibe.
It’s not noticeable at the beginning but if you look closely, your string can contact with the pads on either side and cause vibe.

1 Like