Rainbow TISS Hummingbird by yoyofriends

Hey, Yiyang from team yoyofriends here. We made a rainbow TISS hummingbird at worlds, after the positive feedback from players all over the world, we decide to make a limited production run! You can follow us on instagram @yoyofriendss for more info!
r7ZdNwg5rtsz22J8b10YpHVQ8BOtDOTxgMhjlhVEbyo%20(2)

10 Likes

Nice to see this moving forward. Will the price be $600 as stated earlier on Twitter?

3 Likes

Yes sir! It indeed will be at 600.00 USD

2 Likes

Awesome, nice to see it in production

1 Like

Some pics yoyofriends sent me about the production!

Hummingbird%20Rough%20Machining%20process

Rough%20Machining%20halves

Raw%20Tiss%20Halves

Colored%20%20Ti%20body

IMG_6516

IMG_6522

7 Likes

Will it be made available for purchase at YYE?

1 Like

They only did preorders Im pretty sure. $600

2 Likes

These look so amazing to me.

I think I would have preferred an untreated (but still polished) one.

2 Likes

How are you liking yours CH?

Also for those interested Ada says there were a few available that were not preorders.

Steve

1 Like

Itā€™s superb! The hummingbird was already in my top 5 bimetals so I am very down for a Ti-SS version.

One thing that surprised me ā€“ this is the only titanium I have that doesnā€™t make distinctive titanium ā€œringingā€ sounds. And it even comes with a ceramic bearing, those tend to be noisy, which is actually cool on a titanium because it enhances the distinctive Ti sound.

Perhaps because it is my only titanium-steel?

2 Likes

Exactly what took me by surprise as well!

I wonder if it has something to do with the TiNi treatment. Actually I donā€™t know for sure thatā€™s what they used, I just know they said they werenā€™t torched, and titanium nitride is the only other process I know of that will yield that coloration

1 Like

The steel rings would stop the titanium from vibrating.

Like when you hold a cymbal and hit it.

3 Likes

One thing that surprised me ā€“ this is the only titanium I have that doesnā€™t make distinctive titanium ā€œringingā€ sounds. And it even comes with a ceramic bearing, those tend to be noisy, which is actually cool on a titanium because it enhances the distinctive Ti sound.

Exactly what took me by surprise as well!

Agreed silent and spins true or without tilting for a really long time.

One thing I really like is how when I do like a ripcord bind ā€” it binds and speeds up back to your hand.

2 Likes

You guys are braver than myself. I donā€™t know if I could throw a $600 piece with confidenceā€¦

I thought that for a second, but after I threw mine the first time, I knew this beast was meant to be played. The fear was displaced by how good it felt buzzing around at warp speed, so effortlessly. Its honestly one of the few truly outstanding throws in my collection. Yea it was expensive, and sure there are others that can play in a similar mannor, but its really an upper eschelon throw.

I LOVE my TiSS Hummingbird. Its a contender for one of the best I own. If I had to pick 4 yoyos/desert island type thing (one for each shape - V, O, H, and W) I would choose the TiSS for my ā€œVā€

7 Likes

Also I want to mention that the TiSS Hummingbird is one of the few yoyos that is colored so beautifully, so appropriately, and moves so well as it changes directions so quick its nearly breaking physics, it both looks and acts like the thing it was named for.

Kudos to YoYoFriends for this one.

3 Likes

I agree with Dust the TiSS plays like none of my other yo-yos.

It deserves to be played.

3 Likes

I dont suppose there are any more of these floating around?

3 Likes