Rain city skills dumpster fire 2020

I can’t link the website, but here’s the writeup"

"Here at Rain City Skills we try to be responsive to the ever-changing world and the needs of our customers. 2020 has been such an… interesting…year that we decided it needed it’s own signature yoyo.

Last December we released the “Stoopid Capitalism Day Tree”
I gave Justin instructions to make it awful. He failed; people enjoyed it. I decided to give him one more chance before hanging him upside down by his feet while an army of Kindergarteners tickled him with taser-feathers.

“Make this yoyo the worst yoyo ever to exist.”
I said this.
He did it.

From Justin Scott Larson who did the math to create the design

“Of note. It’s not some ■■■■ tier hot garbage Yoyo. It’s engineered specifically to suck. It’s not a brick, or gigantic, or vibey. It doesn’t have any cutting or chomping edges like the breathe. It’s specifically designed to make you question your life choices up to this moment.”

The dumpster fire is evil. It hates you so much. It will make you want to quit yoyoing. You will regret buying this yoyo immediately.

But you will also fight anyone who tries to take it away.

It’s just that bad."

7 Likes

My favourite pre-order was the person who bought one of each colour. Without seeing a picture of the yoyo, or any of the colours, lol.

13 Likes

If you just do tricks like Sleeper, Forward Pass, Breakaway, and maybe STM, maybe it’s really nice. :grinning: :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

The write up made it worth the price of admission. That and that 55 gallon drum resemblance for sure will stand out and give me a story to tell anytime anyone sees it.

7 Likes

That’s what it wants you to think :wink:

5 Likes

Lol, a lesson Andre Boulay taught me years ago - the yoyo doesn’t sell the yoyo, the story sells the yoyo.

9 Likes

In case anyone was wondering - Here’s my top-secret recipe for making the Dumpster Fire bearing responsive. Because the inner wall is concave, the throw isn’t naturally responsive.

10 Likes

9 Likes

Terrible.

Just terrible.

5 Likes

How bad will the B Grades be?

8 Likes

You should have a contest with it, with the prize being one of your other throws.

2 Likes

@MrYoyoThrower and I had a nice long conversation about this truly terrible yo-yo.

14 Likes

I think this has gone too far. Releasing a consciously terrible yoyo?

Please, just nobody else ever do this again.

Actually, after watching the video, it makes a lot more sense.

6 Likes

Terrible things to do in 2020: Gift this to a fellow yoyoer for a white elephant gift exchange. I await what other people who have played this have to say. XD

4 Likes

Look the novelty idea of the worst possible yoyo for a horrible year, sounds relevant.

…But then people will receive these and realise immediately that it is really the worst thing they could throw. I think that will grow old really fast.

I’m not sure I would want such a yoyo to my company’s name.

2 Likes

Well, you guys that have been around for awhile know that I could probably write a 10,000 word speech entirely about the ideal shape for an ice cube.

I can explain things from so many angles that I can even put myself to sleep.

But the idea of making a yoyo specifically to Suck eggs and make people Hate it?

Checkmate! You win… I got nuthin…

13 Likes

I thought the general consensus was that the Rev-G was the Worst YoYo of all time :confused:

4 Likes

Got my tracking info last night… Pretty stoked!

2 Likes

The name of it is awesome. Coming out in 1999-2000 I guess it was a time when companies were experimenting. Nice collectors item though.

2 Likes

They are related for sure

2 Likes