I just saw an online retailer on ebay that has an Imperial at $100, and a flea at $300 (with 340 sold) I;m not sure if they should be reported, or maybe the buyer.
There is a āFrozenā proyo looking basic throw on UK eBay for Ā£390. 50 sold???
I think itās some way to launder money or something fishy.
Could be completely wrong and they cherish all 51 Frozen style yo-yos and canāt let them go ![]()
I may be wrong, but I believe some listingsā price is based on an algorithm of how many are in stock. I know some Amazon sellers have this and youāll see greatly inflated prices.
Not sure how prevalent/possible that is on eBay, though.
Itās not good, makes them look either unethical or just careless. Neither scenario is desirable. I wouldnāt trust a seller who had an error like this.
thereās been an influx of overseas seller(s) making ridiculous markups on prices⦠these exacr pieces can be obtained at a fraction of the cost with some research and the right resources.
unfortunately, this could artificially inflate the āperceivedā value of these pieces to the unwitting at a local/regional level.
I worked for an Ecommerce business until a coue years ago and eBay didnāt allow for any automated repricing tools. my guess is theyāre pluggin in stock and price into a spreadsheet and repricing in that manner if this is the case.
i dont think this will need to be reported, if the ebay seller wants to mark it this high, he/she can, but less ppl will be interested
Reported for what and to whom?
@stevejspins You made me curious, so I found the listing youāre talking about. What you are seeing is a bulk listing that is constantly being revised: different title, pictures, description, etc.
This particular listing has been up since Apr 07, 2012 (8 years!). And thatās possible because this type of listing doesnāt technically end ā as you can always add more stock and change things as you please.
So, the seller is just changing the item/price every so often to reflect what theyāre currently selling, but the total will never reset even if the item changes. Anyway, theyāve sold a total of 340 somethings through this listing ā not necessarily $300 YYF Fleas.
I was not going to report anyone, I just thought a $100 imperial was more than Iām willing to spend until payday.
300 Fleas sold for $300 each?
Highly doubtful.
And if true, that means in the near future; there will be 300 hundred people donating their brains to Science.
Anyway you have to pay attention to just how nice this deal is.
The ad say ā+3 stringsā.
So ⦠I think the strings are $100 each. And the yo-yo is actually free.
No wonder he has sold 340 so farā¦
Itās like the Yoyojam kaos that was up forever at 400$
With a seller who would become very angry if offered anything less ![]()










