Quite a bit over cost

I just saw an online retailer on ebay that has an Imperial at $100, and a flea at $300 (with 340 sold) I;m not sure if they should be reported, or maybe the buyer.

6 Likes

There is a “Frozen” proyo looking basic throw on UK eBay for £390. 50 sold???
I think it’s some way to launder money or something fishy.
Could be completely wrong and they cherish all 51 Frozen style yo-yos and can’t let them go :grinning:

6 Likes

I may be wrong, but I believe some listings’ price is based on an algorithm of how many are in stock. I know some Amazon sellers have this and you’ll see greatly inflated prices.

Not sure how prevalent/possible that is on eBay, though.

1 Like

It’s not good, makes them look either unethical or just careless. Neither scenario is desirable. I wouldn’t trust a seller who had an error like this.

1 Like

there’s been an influx of overseas seller(s) making ridiculous markups on prices… these exacr pieces can be obtained at a fraction of the cost with some research and the right resources.

unfortunately, this could artificially inflate the ‘perceived’ value of these pieces to the unwitting at a local/regional level.

2 Likes

I worked for an Ecommerce business until a coue years ago and eBay didn’t allow for any automated repricing tools. my guess is they’re pluggin in stock and price into a spreadsheet and repricing in that manner if this is the case.

i dont think this will need to be reported, if the ebay seller wants to mark it this high, he/she can, but less ppl will be interested

Reported for what and to whom?

2 Likes

@stevejspins You made me curious, so I found the listing you’re talking about. What you are seeing is a bulk listing that is constantly being revised: different title, pictures, description, etc.

This particular listing has been up since Apr 07, 2012 (8 years!). And that’s possible because this type of listing doesn’t technically end – as you can always add more stock and change things as you please.

So, the seller is just changing the item/price every so often to reflect what they’re currently selling, but the total will never reset even if the item changes. Anyway, they’ve sold a total of 340 somethings through this listing – not necessarily $300 YYF Fleas.

2 Likes

I was not going to report anyone, I just thought a $100 imperial was more than I’m willing to spend until payday.

300 Fleas sold for $300 each?

Highly doubtful.

And if true, that means in the near future; there will be 300 hundred people donating their brains to Science.

Anyway you have to pay attention to just how nice this deal is.

The ad say ‘+3 strings’.

So … I think the strings are $100 each. And the yo-yo is actually free.

No wonder he has sold 340 so far…

2 Likes

It’s like the Yoyojam kaos that was up forever at 400$
With a seller who would become very angry if offered anything less :fire:

1 Like