Quick X-Convict Questions

Hey guys, just have a few X-Convict questions.

1. Will a center trac bearing fit properly in a X-Convict with non-metal shims?

2. Will a 10-ball bering fit properly in a X- Convict with non-metal shims?

3. Does the X-Convict come unresponsive right out of the box?

4. Will it be 100% unresponsive without shaving the o-rings or putting silicone in it?

5. Should you clean out the bearing when you first get it?

Sorry for asking so many questions.

1. yes
  2. yes
  3. it depends because its an adjustable gap
  4. yes if you open up the gap
  5. you can if thats what you want
1 Like
  1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. It can but some come responsive it just depends
  4. Mine was but it was snaggy so I suggest you put two shims in it so it won’t bw like that
  5. I would recommend it.

Anyways I highly recommend this yoyo it is so awesome. But get some shims and maybe some silicone pads to go with it because it is pretty snaggy if you don’t do this. Even if you don’t do this it is still awesome.

1 Like

Cool, thanks.

You can clean the bearing if you want, but I wouldn’t recommend it because it turns out to be kind of pointless when you could just simply play with it.

Shims aren’t really needed either, but if you want or have them then go for it if you feel the need.

Oh, so since its adjustable I dont need shims?

So if I just switch out the o-rings for silicone, break in the bearing, and add thin lube it should be unresponsive?

Has anybody seen where you can find a black X-Convict?

Thanks guys for helping me!

You wouldn’t need to switch to silicone. The o-ring is just fine. But you answer your question, yes that would work.

You’ll just have to check the BSTs.

I was suppose to say that ;D

You don’t technically need them but the ajustable gap really sucks and tightens back up on the x convict so I would HIGHLY recommend shims.

You say the adjustable gap tightens back up? You must have loosened it beyond the reach of the adjustable gap then.

Maybe it is just mine then because I didn’t loosen it beyond the reach of the ajustable gab it just tightens back up no matter what I do.