Quick Wash Repeater correct?

Stumbled upon a cool repeater. Tutorial mentions three simple moves followed by a fourth roll in order to mask the movements into one. I’ve been struggling trying to figure out that fourth movement but believe it’s actually just two rolls around both hands into a 1.5 and back down into the submount. Is this correct? Thanks

1 Like

you’re doing an extra roll near the end

when you drop the string to go into the 1.5, you’re coming over your NTH pointer (resulting in a mount you have to roll out of twice, or a 1.5 with one too many wraps) , when you should be going under your NTH to result in just a 1.5 mount, then roll once back off to the normal sub mount

2 Likes

I am still confused as to how he does four motions when essentially you’re doing three repetitive motions of doing a submount, roll over both indexes, and drop back into the submount.

1 Like

oh hey this is a trick and tutorial made by me.

the first rep wihtout the extra pinwheel wrap is correct. you should not be doing that extra wrap around your TH pointer.

edit: the tutorial in question

6 Likes

Yeah and I’m proud of your trick. But I can’t seem to wrap my head around making four motions out of essentially three, since you are doing submount, roll over indexes, then drop back into submount. There is an extra motion at the end to mask the whole motion as one in the 1.5 that has stumbled me

1 Like

yes your intuition is right, theres a step (the final one specifically) in which i am fusing the dismount to 1.5 and the roll to sub mount into one wiht the use of lateral motion.

My best advice is to get a lof of repeats of the trick separating the steps nice and quick, so the muscle memory gets drilled into your brain. then work on doing the swinging transition and the 1.5 dismount at the same time.

Good luck!

4 Likes

ok thank you. I am definitely getting further through the trick. Appreciate the kind advice.

2 Likes

Hey. Tried again later this evening and still can’t wrap my head around that small subtle detail at the end of the trick, Quick Wash. I would appreciate a top down view but it’s up to you. Otherwise, I will probably find another repeater instead. However, once I learn a trick, I do it daily. Could be your trick I do daily. :slight_smile: Just saying. Thanks.

a series of diagrams, starting from the part after you roll when in the submount (when you’re coming around to remove your NTH index to get to a 1.5 mount)

and now you’re back in sub mount (roll over and repeat)

3 Likes

Wow, I’m impressed. I will look at this later, promise. Thank you, friend for the detailed explanation. I am just getting into repeaters after superflow and candy rain 2.

1 Like

I recently learned this and think I know the subtle move you’re referring to. It’s just dumping the 1.5 into a sub mount with some flourish from how you’re moving the yoyo.

When the yoyo swings over both hands they’re exaggerating the yoyo’s natural motion towards NTH side and once the yoyo gets a bit higher than their NTH they’re pulling their hands apart TH moving up and the yoyo rolls into a sub mount.

I can make it look like one fluid motion instead of a series of steps but I cannot make it look exactly like they do despite understanding how they’re doing it. That comes with fluency. Just get more reps in, get comfortable enough with the trick and its subtleties to modify how it looks.

Edit: Or just look at Fradiger’s post coming in with the diagrams lol. Nice.

2 Likes

Appreciate your input. Glad I wasn’t the only one having trouble

1 Like