#thingsthatrepeat - The Repeater Thread

Everything about the type of yoyo tricks considered as “Repeaters”

Post your repeaters, or your favorite repeaters by another players, to your heart’s content!

Concept:
So, repeaters are tricks in which an element or a series or elements repeat themselves (hence the name repeater) in a rythmic and periodic manner.

A trick must present a couple of characteristics for it to be considered a repeater (imo) :

• Period: consisting of the repetitive part of the trick.
  • Frequency: the noticeable speed in which it repeats.
  • Wavelength: how long is the repeater part after it repeats.

Example of a repeater:

18 Likes

I should make a more instructional video of this.

A

16 Likes

Here’s one i’ve been enjoying a lot lately

Talk about almost perfect loop gifs.

Imgur

14 Likes

Cool trick, but why were you over there that isn’t the cabin? :joy:

Curious how this trick got it’s name!

2 Likes

Yesss this is good.

1 Like

That’s a place we go every year to called Camp Dearborn. :slight_smile:

Life on Mars is a song by David Bowie. It’s my favorite song by any artist. AKA the “TiWalker” of rock music. :rofl:

3 Likes

YESSSS I love this thread

3 Likes

I’ve posted this before, but it’s the only repeater I’ve really come up with so far.

8 Likes

Wow! That one is nice.

1 Like

Here’s one that isn’t my creation. This site actually has quite a few good repeaters. Check out “grapes”, “globble” and “perpetuum”. This one is “amuse”.

8 Likes

This is probably my favorite repeater. I didnt create the trick, but I did create this tutorial for it.

Also posted this one to my IG a while ago… it’s not clean, I’m working on getting it cleaner, but it’s really fun.

8 Likes

How do I save this thread?

1 Like

13%20PM

1 Like

How do I do that

I made my first video! Viewer beware, I’m no good at making videos or yoyoing, lol
8 Likes

I was waiting for the string to slice those hots right off your ciggy lol.

3 Likes

Lol! I haven’t done it yet. I dont know why I recorded that with a cig in my mouth. That was grubby of me.

1 Like

Boom. OG repeater.

12 Likes

favorite new repeater

This video has a few repeaters…

Sid Seed - Kaibun

Maybe my favorite repeater of all time is at 0:29-0:43. BIG shoutout to Mark Mangarin who gave me a key pointer to understanding how to do this trick, back in the day on YYN.

3 Likes