Quick Announcement

holy corn starch! man that it way faster then you need to be lol, how did you come in second i would 5 stars and a tripple 10 all the way

I knew it congrats samadious ;D

do u get ALL general-yo yoyos 4 free?

Nope.

Sponsorship:

Most companies include free unlimited strings. While the player itself might get some free yo-yos to use in competitions, it is not guaranteed. The player also gets the yearly uniform (if they have one) and get a major discount ( I think) on his company’s products. Another perk of sponsorship is the player gets provided transportation and (either discounted or paid for) travel accommodations. The main thing is they get to go to contests such as Worlds and Nats paid for by their company. The player might also do some touring. Since Samad is a pro now, he also has a chance of being on public ads and shows (remember Grant on Suite Life) and get paid for it.

That’s all I know and assume. Correct me Samad if I’m wrong.

Works Cited: AYYA Newspaper Samad showed me

Questions to Joseph Harris

Bandai Yo- Frisbee packaging (show Grant and Paul Yath)

YYE Trading Cards.

Yeah, most of those things are true to a few companies, but not every company has all of those things. General-Yo isn’t exactly a multi-million dollar company, lol.

well maybe now you can show up to worlds! But like you said, General yo isn’t a multi million dollar company (yet) and who knows what will happen!

So, tell us the perks you get. We’d like to know!

congrats!

To those wondering what Sponsorship is:

Getting free stuff while advertising for the sponsor. I have no idea how much Federer gets for shaving with Gilette, but he gets something.

Yoyoing is usually a bit different, especially with these microbrew companies. It’s also very different when you sponsor these kids. I doubt that Samad is bound to a sponsor contract. I still think he’ll get some free stuff though.

EDIT: whoops, forgot to congratulate you, I slept over and I haven’t had breakfast. Anyways, I will be buying your yoyo when it comes out.

Congrats Samad, you definitely deserve it! :wink:

dude, Samad, do you get to make a signature series yoyo?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

THAT WOULD BE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL, IT WOULD DEFINITELY BE MY FAV THROW!!!

Wow. That was a very impressive video! I don’t understand how you didn’t place first. That was one of the most entertaining shows I’ve seen.

Congratulations Samad. :smiley:

Thats awesome!!!

I hope you like it.

i doubt any company makes that much money. maybe yyf makes a couple of millions, but not like 10mil. and i think you have to win a fairly large contest to get a signature yoyo. that is what Luke told me, and he is basically your coworker.

Apple, Google, etc are definitely multi-million dollar companies. Look how I never specified the word yoyo. :wink: And we aren’t exactly “workers” even. We’re teammates. General-Yo is a lot about having fun, and Ernie made that an important point to us. I don’t think he’d want us to run around like his slaves doing his work. Oh, and there are plenty of players who didn’t win fairly large contests who got signature yoyos. Not that I want one, anyway, since I wouldn’t be able to design one, or even decide what I like in a yoyo!

That stays between me and Ernie! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yay! Congrats Samad!!!

Congrats on the sponsorship Samad! You totally deserved it.

well Luke told me you have to get first in something. if Luke got first in SoCal 2010, he would be the first with a Generalyo signature yoyo

its about time. you’re so good