Q's for the computer making peeps

In my opinion, prebuilt and building it yourself is so close at the cheaper end of things that its not a big deal. Once you cross over about 600 bucks though, building it yourself starts to get you MUCH better for your money. at 700 bucks you can easily build a system worth over 1K if you bought it prebuilt.

It depends on what you’re running. It won’t make any difference to 95% of people, but the 5% of us that use comps for processor-intense stuff (aka gamers, photo editors, video editors, designers and the like) notice it.

Solving any bottleneck is the best thing to do on any system, as a ultra fast processor and RAM on a slow motherboard won’t get what you want.

It’s not very difficult to build your own computer (if you know what you’re doing). And Navy is right, building your own rig is really only cost effective for the more expensive stuff.

And if you’re looking for the biggest bang for your buck, don’t get a Mac…

You can search by what you’re looking for in a computer within your price range. And they generally have good reviews. That’s where I’d start, at least.

1 Like

If I were to have gotten a prebuilt computer, I wouldn’t be able to play half the games I do at the settings I play them at. most companies skimp on gpus, psus, cases, cooling, etc, because the average consumer won’t notice a difference.
Building it yourself is great because it allows complete customization. You get to choose exactly what you put into your computer. Like links said, newegg is a good place to start. Also, don’t be afraid to ask on computer building forums.

Plus I mean… who wouldn’t want something like this?
http://cdn.overclock.net/8/83/83d8d3ae_100_1567.jpeg
(that’s a cooler master storm enforcer case w/ red cold cathodes, in case you were wondering)

I’m Jelly of your case.  This is the one I want:

Thanks for the loads of help everyone! I think that’s all the q’s I have. I’ll definitely be on newegg a  while getting myself educated in all things computer. When I’m done building it I’ll post some pics! and by the way…

ditto with wildcat23

I like plain cases with awesome acoustic properties. :wink: Although not the most dead-silent case in the history of creation, I’m rocking an Antec Solo right now. The elastic suspension option for hard drives really does make a huge difference.

We have the same taste :slight_smile:
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac60/iYoYo_2010/20130522_121636.jpg

1 Like